Today’s fun highlights:
- I stole today’s blog title from some song lyrics from a female country singer’s song. She sounds pretty pissed off and angry in the song, so hopefully she’ll forgive me.
- But isn’t life really better in a black dress? It’s one piece versus a top and bottom piece situation, so already you’re putting in half the effort to get dressed. Plus, black goes with everything. Especially the denim jacket and mini wedge sandals that I can’t. stop. wearing. Not that you’ve noticed or anything! ;)
- This week was CRAZY! Work was busy, and I ended up having a whole bunch of after-work-activities (including an awesome dinner with my fellow Indy bloggers), so it kind of felt like it was a whirlwind! I’m excited for the weekend to arrive, so I can enjoy some time with The Husband and The Pup!
- Also this weekend, both sets of our parents are coming down/over to celebrate Father’s Day! We’re taking them to Bloomington, Indiana…home of Indiana University, my alma mater! I’m really using this as an excuse to get pizza from my favorite place in Bloomington, but it will be really fun to see everyone and show off my college town!
- On that note, have a great weekend, and Happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there, but especially mine…who is better than yours! ;) #biased
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
There are few things that I love more than polka dots and the state of Indiana (my family, coffee, puppies, and stripes are the only things that really come to mind), so what better way to celebrate them both than by pairing them together for a bonus outfit post this week?!
You know, more than my weekly average of a whooping four…
You can also thank Indiana…and its capital city for that one as well. Mainly, because I spent all evening yesterday hanging out with my fellow Indianapolis bloggers and had no time to come up with a creative blog post for your Wednesday viewing pleasure.
But also because, as you all know, they do say that home is where the polka dots are! ;)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- These striped sandals are the things that style dreams are made of. Striped, flat, and comfy…yes, please!
- Blogger love of the week: Someone explain to me how Taylor looks so great in basic tees? Anyone?
- I love a top with details, and this Caslon top has some great embroidery! It also comes in several color options and perfect for summer!
- This is an old article written by Jenna Lyons, but I just discovered it…and we all know how much I love her. But did you know a watermelon skirt changed her life? See, we’re all humans after all! ;)
- Item No. 435 that I love from Tommy Hilfiger: this contrasting trim cardigan that comes in 4 colors…now which color should I get?!
- I think The Limited is spying on me…and knows about my undying love for red, blue, and stripes. Need this dress (please come back in tall sizes)!
- My brother has Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook (here) at his apartment, and when we were there last month, I flipped through it. Uhhh…it looks amazing, so I totally need to get my own copy and follow this lady’s lead and cook with it only for a week! Yummmm!
- Three words: affordable. scallop. flats! Someone stop me from buying them ALL (especially the leopard print…surprisingly cute)!
- I dare you to NOT cry when you watch this little girl unbox her new look-a-like doll. Spoiler alert: all the tears over here! What a great company and a great way to feel “normal.”
- This striped midi dress is absolutely gorgeous! I’d wear it to work with heels and a blazer, and on the weekend with a denim jacket and wedges! Snag it before all the stripe-obsessed bloggers do! ;)
You know that Taylor Swift is now going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day, right? You’re welcome! Shake it off…shake it off!
In other news….I styled this polka dot dress a few weeks ago (check it out here), and I love how versatile it is. I feel like I use that word ALL. THE. TIME. on this blog, but it’s honestly what I look for (and what I think a lot of you look for) when it comes to wardrobe purchases.
We’re not constantly wearing giant tutu skirts or an off-the-shoulder top (why are those EVERYWHERE right now) on this blog or in real life. We’re looking for things that can take us from the office to dinner dates to weekend adventures! This polka dot dress is perfect for all of that (and more). I’m still finding countless ways to wear it which is exactly what I want out of most of my purchases. Ain’t no shame in re-wearing and remixing again and again over here!
And rumor has it that polka dot shirt dresses are PERFECT for Taylor Swift dance parties. Just in case that is on your checklist as well! ;)
- On Target item: Merona Polka Dot Dress (similar, other options below!)
- Denim Jacket: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (super similar)
- Moccasins: Minnetonka (exact)
Debuting the short hair on the blog, and here’s how I feel about it!
I love the style, but I haaaaaaaaaaate the length. I feel like I always end up with a hairdresser that cuts it too short (anyone else relate to this?). I would love it if it was about 2 inches longer, which according to Google will be in roughly four months (hey there October).
But in the meantime (and let’s not kid ourselves…after hours of whining to my mom and The Husband), I’m going to embrace the breeze on my neck, my shorten blow drying time, and my new hair.
Plus, when you’re wearing your favorite new skirt and the perfect summer outfit (with a hint of print mixing…can you see it?), how big of a deal is a slightly-too-short haircut anyways? ;)
ps. Since I had a backlog of photos, the next week (or so) of outfits will feature my longer hair, so don’t get too confused…I didn’t glue it back on! ;)