Welcome to the fourth annual Red, White, and Blue Week here on Style On Target! It’s a whole lot of patriotic looks…but it is also how my closet looks the other 51 weeks of the year! ;)
We’re kicking the week off with a pairing of these super affordable sneakers (here – so affordable…so it is okay if you drop ice cream on them…guilty!) and my favorite dress ever from J.Crew (dear J.Crew team, please bring this back in yellow and red next year….I WILL buy).
It’s a perfect, Americana look for wearing all day on Fourth of July….from socializing to s’mores eating to sparkler waving.
Land of the free, home of the
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I’m debating ordering these slide sandals from J.Crew Factory, because they have great reviews, and I’ve seen them all over blogs/Instagrams lately. But the question is…what color should I get?!
- Blogger love of the week: Lauren looks KILLER in this black midi dress, and I love that she’s already thought out several other ways to wear it in the future. Gotta love a remixable piece!
- A great polka dot tee for my great polka dot loving friends!
- I got a free $25 to Madewell through their “Insider program” for my birthday, so I ordered this silk bandana…and paid roughly $2 for it. Score.
- You guysssssss…my eyes are leaking, because of this amazing deaf singer on America’s Got Talent. Her story is amazing, her skill is amazing, and she’s amazing (and reminds me a bit of Ingrid Michaelson).
- Sarah has been doing my job for me…and finding the BEST pieces at Target lately, so naturally when I saw this colorful striped dress on her, I had to order it too!
- This police dog lost his job…because he was too dang sociable (awwwww). Don’t worry, he bounced into a new gig pretty quickly.
- If you liked this J.Crew polka dot dress (here), but thought it was too pricey, then might I suggest this affordable option from Old Navy (here – I love a good dupe)!
- My fellow blogger and friend, Nicole, put out her workbook: Feel Good, Dress Better (here), last week! I downloaded it and read it on the way to Michigan…and it is really helpful, thoughtful, and insightful. Highly recommend it!
- Love this breezy blouse in both red and white prints! Try it over shorts or tucked into a skirt for two easy summer looks!
Today’s fun highlights:
- That’s right…tomorrow is my 30th birthday!
- I know, I know, I don’t look a day over 23, but it’s true. I’m officially joining the 30-something club. But tomorrow, tomorrow…I’ll be the youngest member, for sure.! ;)
- Bartenders, please continue to card me…and not my older-than-he-looks-because-he-has-a-beard husband. Thank you in advance.
- In other news, a good denim jacket is hard to find. But this one…this one from good ol’ J.Crew Factory…is a diamond in the rough. I love stretch denim in my jeans, but not in my jackets, and this was the only one I could find in my 2-year search that was 100% cotton…and more importantly, affordably priced. Grab it before everyone else finds out about this beaut!
- Also, dear Old Navy, please re-issue this dress in ALL the colors and ALL the patterns…instead of that dumb cami dress of yours. I pinky promise to buy them all, and I think a lot of other people would too!
- This weekend, we’re actually already up in Michigan celebrating my dad and I’s birthdays during a quick, little weekend trip. My dad’s birthday is actually today…so Happy Birthday, Dad…and here’s hoping we can find all the chocolate desserts in the world to celebrate you with!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Where oh where have these striped wedge sandals been all my life?
- Blogger love of the week: Dear Ashley, can I please borrow this whole outfit…and then I’m going to need a trip to Italy to go with it too! ;)
- If you’re like me and looooove peonies…you should probably buy this faux floral arrangement so that you can enjoy them all year long.
- Two words that are sure to get your attention….gingham shirtdress. Yes, please!
- Someone get me a bucket of popcorn (and let’s be honest…probably some tissues), this looks like the cutest movie ever. And everyone needs a daily reminder to be kinder, right….let this be today’s reminder!
- This little white eyelet scarf is the perfect, simple topper for all your summer looks. Easy and breezy.
- More cuteness right here…elephants rushing to meet another elephant! How welcoming and sweet!
- My new favorite coffee travel tumbler (and others like it) are on super duper sale. Score them while you can, they’re GREAT at keeping beverages warm and are so cute!
- I saw this video last week scrolling through Facebook and had to share, because it’s basically pure joy! This girl and her passion for ventriloquy are so cute, I almost cried during it, and I hope she wins the whole thing!
- Major heart eyes for these patterned espadrilles that are under $50 and oh so cute! Now, I could only narrow down what pattern I want!
Happy (floral) Memorial Day! Hope you all enjoy your day off, eat something off the grill, and most importantly, be sure to remember those servicemen and servicewoman who have lost their lives and thank a serviceman or servicewoman if you see one today!
And after you do all of that, be sure to check out the following sales to take advantage of some amazing Memorial Day weekend sales!
ps. You knew I wouldn’t let a patriotic holiday pass without some more red, white, and blue outfit combinations, right? You know me so well! Plus, you can wear the dress like this today and throw on the blazer and some heels tomorrow for work! Presto, change-o! ;)
pps. That. Sun. Flare. Though! (and no, I couldn’t recreate it again if I tried….)