This month’s Style Soulmates look was inspired by my second favorite Indianapolis blogger (the first being me of course)!
Sarah from Sarah’s Real Life!
Sarah is hilarious, quick witted, and a ridiculously good print mixer. I have to say these things, mostly because she knows where I live, but also because they’re very true!
Proof? This outfit, which I stole from one of Sarah’s Instagram posts.
Stripes on top and a floral (for Sarah) / paisley (for me) skirt on the bottom. Her look works so well, because her patterns feature the same color of blue, and mine works because of the use of neutrals and matching accessories. So if you’re looking to recreate this look, just grab your classic stripe button down and a printed skirt!
So thanks for making a summer work outfit super easy, Sarah, by letting me steal this look (now let’s go grab guacamole again soon)!
Pinterest inspiration that is. It’s honestly one of my favorite ways to find new outfit inspiration (besides my normal blog favorites) and new blogs to follow!
I knew as soon as I saw this pin on Pinterest that I had to duplicate it! I loved the mix of neutrals with the pop of red coming from the gloves/mittens! I switched out the black skirt and tights for black jeans, but otherwise, almost an exact copy! This camel coat is honestly my favorite closet item right now, and I can’t stop wearing it, so I was thrilled to have it really make this outfit (along with the perfect red lipstick thanks to Anthropologie)!
So thank you to Katarzyna from Make Life Easier for the outfit inspiration and an extra thank you to the folks who created Pinterest for truly making life easier by providing endless outfit inspiration! ;)
ps. Be sure to follow me on Pinterest (here), if you want more great outfit inspiration!
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Never has a more perfect quilted puffer vest made for one person (aka me)! Blue and white and gingham? Yes, please!
- Blogger love of the week: This classic look from Kimberly is oh-so-great, and it features my favorite Denizen jeans from Target! Definitely pinning this to recreate in the future (though I’ll have to find some leopard print heels first)!
- This plaid skirt is classic, nearly a Kate Spade dupe, affordable, and has great reviews. I guess that means one thing: I need to have it in my closet right now!
- I’m crazy about puns and try to incorporate them into a blog title every now and then (okay, okay…more than you all want!), but I’ve got nothing on this lady who makes pun cards! And for the record, yes, I want all of them!
- Did you guys hear the announcement of the SoulCycle x Target collaboration? They’re combining to bring SoulCycle classes to 10 major cities – sadly Indianapolis is not one – and the classes are complimentary (plus their combined logo is PERFECT)! Are you going to check them out?
- And this week’s Tommy Hilfiger item is this anchor print buttondown that comes in two different color combinations. Anchors aweigh…to my wallet! ;)
- If you haven’t seen it yet, you have to check out Channing Tatum’s hilarious lip sync of Beyonce’s “Run the World (Girls)”…and his wife’s face is priceless (and so are her dance moves)!
- I’m obsessed with both this stripe skirt (here) and the whole styling of it on the model! Actually, come to think of it…all of The Limited’s new arrivals here are on point!
- The Everygirl has 25 realistic winter outfits that you’ll definitely want to copy to stay warm and stylish this winter. I know I pinned a few (okay, almost allllll of them)!
- This watch (here) didn’t make it into Sunday’s On Trend post about watches (here if you missed it), but I love a good leopard print! It has the capability to look stylish and keep you on time!