Welcome to the fourth annual Red, White, and Blue Week here on Style On Target! It’s a whole lot of patriotic looks…but it is also how my closet looks the other 51 weeks of the year! ;)
We’re kicking the week off with a pairing of these super affordable sneakers (here – so affordable…so it is okay if you drop ice cream on them…guilty!) and my favorite dress ever from J.Crew (dear J.Crew team, please bring this back in yellow and red next year….I WILL buy).
It’s a perfect, Americana look for wearing all day on Fourth of July….from socializing to s’mores eating to sparkler waving.
Land of the free, home of the
Today’s fun highlights:
- Yes, this is a repost of an old look, but the outfit is just as good today as it was…one year ago! Vest seasons are the best seasons!
- This week literally kicked my butt (hence no new outfit today).
- Sunday, I cried (a lot), as my mom needs surgery next week. Monday, I had food poisoning or a stomach flu. Tuesday, I recovered and ate my weight in saltines. Thursday, I had a crazy day at work and made The Husband go get us pizza.
- But today? Today it is Friday, and everything is golden. Because #weekend.
- ps. Random note: The 90’s are back in fashion (apparently?), and while I will not be participating, I couldn’t help laugh that these choker necklaces also came back! Anyone else remember these? I totally rocked a few…sigh.
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Block heels are back! I love this style of heel (see above for proof), since it is so much more stability for walking, and I’m a klutz! So yes, block heels forever, especially this cute pair from Gap that comes in 3 colors!
- Blogger love of the week: It should be a crime to look this pretty…so Indianapolis police, lock Sarah up! But seriously, I’ll be copying this outfit soon, because she just looks so effortless!
- Officially loving this windowpane/grid print fit and flare dress. Versatility for daaaaaaaays.
- I’m officially creeped out, Buzzfeed. Of course I had to take this “Guess Your Age” quiz about Target, and they creepily got my age right on the NOSE! But yes, I only use a basket, and I start in clothes first! Duh! ;)
- Dear J.Crew, let this cobalt skirt (and the khaki one) be just as good as they look online!
- Obsessing over every single pattern of these scarves. Like how do I choose?
- Another rendition of 10 pieces turned into 20 looks to take you from summer to fall! Dear more brands, do posts like this!
- I‘m all about the long vest trend, but I just can’t decide whether I can work it or not…but if I could, I would definitely be buying this beautiful tan trench-like one! So pretty!
- In addition to my obsession of watching the Olympics, I love reading about how they train and what they eat to stay in such peak form! Bon Appetit did a great round up (here) of a whole bunch of different athletes and their diet plans.
- These snow leopard printed flats (in black and white) are puuuuurrrr-fect for fall. Puns for life. #sorrynotsorry