Today’s fun highlights:
- Yes, this is a repost of an old look, but the outfit is just as good today as it was…one year ago! Vest seasons are the best seasons!
- This week literally kicked my butt (hence no new outfit today).
- Sunday, I cried (a lot), as my mom needs surgery next week. Monday, I had food poisoning or a stomach flu. Tuesday, I recovered and ate my weight in saltines. Thursday, I had a crazy day at work and made The Husband go get us pizza.
- But today? Today it is Friday, and everything is golden. Because #weekend.
- ps. Random note: The 90’s are back in fashion (apparently?), and while I will not be participating, I couldn’t help laugh that these choker necklaces also came back! Anyone else remember these? I totally rocked a few…sigh.
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Block heels are back! I love this style of heel (see above for proof), since it is so much more stability for walking, and I’m a klutz! So yes, block heels forever, especially this cute pair from Gap that comes in 3 colors!
- Blogger love of the week: It should be a crime to look this pretty…so Indianapolis police, lock Sarah up! But seriously, I’ll be copying this outfit soon, because she just looks so effortless!
- Officially loving this windowpane/grid print fit and flare dress. Versatility for daaaaaaaays.
- I’m officially creeped out, Buzzfeed. Of course I had to take this “Guess Your Age” quiz about Target, and they creepily got my age right on the NOSE! But yes, I only use a basket, and I start in clothes first! Duh! ;)
- Dear J.Crew, let this cobalt skirt (and the khaki one) be just as good as they look online!
- Obsessing over every single pattern of these scarves. Like how do I choose?
- Another rendition of 10 pieces turned into 20 looks to take you from summer to fall! Dear more brands, do posts like this!
- I‘m all about the long vest trend, but I just can’t decide whether I can work it or not…but if I could, I would definitely be buying this beautiful tan trench-like one! So pretty!
- In addition to my obsession of watching the Olympics, I love reading about how they train and what they eat to stay in such peak form! Bon Appetit did a great round up (here) of a whole bunch of different athletes and their diet plans.
- These snow leopard printed flats (in black and white) are puuuuurrrr-fect for fall. Puns for life. #sorrynotsorry
I knew when I wanted to do another Red, White, and Blue Week that I would be working these two pieces into the lineup for the week, but I never pictured wearing them together!
The navy/red shirt is again one of my favorite boatneck tees from Merona. I can’t stop buying or wearing them, and this is one of my favorites since it features a combination of my two favorite colors!
The white eyelet skirt is a new (and beyond affordable) piece to my wardrobe, but I know I’ll be wearing it over and over again! That is…as long as I can keep it away from salsa, ketchup, marinara sauce, and pizza.
So basically, I cutting out all tomatoes from my life. Sorry, tomatoes!
Be right back, changing the title of this post to “Land of the free, home of the tomato-less Katie.” ;)