First off, thank you all for your kind words from Friday’s post. The Husband and I both appreciate the love and support. It’s hard to share negative things on a blog, but life isn’t all about brunch, nice shoes, and styled looks, which is sometimes all you see on blogs. So thanks for sharing in my realness.
Secondly, the New Year’s Eve party we hosted went off pretty well! I mean any party with a cheese tray and buffalo chicken dip is a great party in my book, so we had that going for us at the beginning. It was a random assortment of people (some family, some friends from college, some new friends, etc.), but we all got along really well. Except for my cousin who made fun of Taylor Swift during her performance…he might not have survived the night! It was great ringing in the New Year with such great friends and family (and nice to have my brother see our house for the first time).
This is what I wore that night, but I subbed the heels for a pair of black flats with a gold capped toe (similar here), because you don’t have to wear heels if you’re in your own house, am I right?
- On Target item: Merona Boatneck Tee (exact)
- Hair Bow Pin: unknown (old; similar)
- Necklace: Target (old; similar)
- Coat: Merona, Target (exact – sold out online, but check at your local store!)
- Clutch: Madewell (gift from The Husband; similar)
- Tights: Gap (Fall 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor (Winter 2013; similar options below)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)
Let’s get festive for one of our last looks from the capsule collection! I wanted to get some more fancy outfits on here, but let’s face it. I never do anything fancy. We normally have a Christmas party to attend this time of year for my work, but somehow, the Party Planning Committee completely bailed on it (ps. it’s their only event) and had a minor Happy Hour event after work one day.
Not. A. Party. Friends.
So basically, this is my What-I-Would-Have-Worn-To-My-Non-Existent-Christmas-Party outfit….and I only wore it in my backyard for a party for two (me and Cooper, not me and The Husband in case you were wondering).
- On Target item: Merona Polka Dot Coat (exact – and on sale!)
- Lip Color: Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain (exact; love these, this one is “Romantic”)
- Necklace: Target (Winter 2013; similar 1, similar 2)
- Dress: Merona, Target (similar options below)
- Purse: DKNY, thrifted (similar 1, similar 2)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact – plus 9 other colors!)
- Ankle Boots: Mossimo, Target (similar 1, similar 2)
You asked for it (cough Dotty and Anne), so I’m delivering…in the form of this red dress!
This dress was a great find, since it was a part of my 2014 Wishlist, and I had such a difficult time finding one that was fitted, 3/4 sleeve, and red-red (you know the battle). This one fit the bill, and now that I have it (and it is a part of my capsule), I need to get down to wearing it more. It’ll be perfect for holiday parties with some statement necklaces and metallic tights, but how about now?
The above look was inspired by yesterday’s post about mixing colors and Kate Spade/the brand’s unique color combinations in their advertising campaigns. Again, the red and deep burgundy are anchored by black accessories (I turned my belt around so the buckle doesn’t show) and a touch of gold.
It’s classy and fun at the same time, which is really what I would like someone to describe my personal style all the time! Plus, with all my talk about holiday party outfits at the beginning of this post, this look would be perfect that too (without screaming Christmas)!
Which I’m known to do occasionally.
Check back tomorrow to see how another brand inspired a totally different look with this Little Red Dress (LRD)!
Oh hey! I may be making my way back to Indiana from Hawaii right now, but I just wanted to POP on in here and say that Style On Target turns one today! Yes, I started this blog on Labor Day, because I was bored and needed a cool hobby.
Well, I found one. The last 365 days (not all blogged!) have flown by, and I can honestly say that it’s because I’ve been having SO. MUCH. FUN! It’s so fun to read your comments and explore your blogs and engage with you on all sorts of social media. You all make it worth it. So thank you all for joining me in my styling on a budget adventures, and I hope you stick around for at least the next 365 days!
ps. Yes, I bought a very large cupcake for this very occasion. I wanted a giant gold “1” balloon, but they were $10 each (I need to get into the balloon business). OUTRAGEOUS. You also can’t eat a balloon. Fact.
- On Target item: Multicolored Statement Necklace (exact in stores; more statement necklaces online here)
- Dress: Mossimo, Target (old; similar 1, similar 2)
- Shoes: Merona, Target (exact)