It seems like every year I have a new favorite coat…which usually ends up being the one that I bought for that particular year (see my camel coat here for my 2015 favorite). Sure, I still love my old standbys, but there’s nothing like a new coat to chase your winter blues away!
Or at least that’s what I tell The Husband. ;)
And yes, that same thing happened again this year with my new plaid coat from J.Crew. As soon as I saw it in stores, I knew I was hook-line-and-sinker gone and committed to making this my 2016 winter coat purchase.
And here it is…in its blog debut! The fit is perfection, the navy/white/green colors are a fun, unexpected mix, and it is heavyweight without being bulky. Plus, plaid is a classic pattern, so you know you’ll be wearing it for years to come.
So if you’re still making your Christmas list, you might want to tell Santa your coat size too! ;) Or just make this your 2016 coat!
Today’s fun highlights:
- I don’t know about you guys, but I’m beyond stuffed today after eating too much and watching a ton of football with my family. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
- We also ran in our local pre-Thanksgiving charity run (the Drumstick Dash) yesterday morning before heading to my parents, and it was the most perfect weather for a fun run with proceeds going to one of my favorite local organizations! The Husband and I have had a 4-year strong tradition of alternating between this race and volunteering to pack Thanksgiving meals for individuals in need. Perfect way to start the day of thanks!
- And since it is now the Day After Thanksgiving, I’ll be taking frequent breaks from my schedule of walking (off all those mashed potatoes) and napping to enjoy some online shopping! Is anyone braving the crowds today? Godspeed, and you are seriously braver than me! I’ve been one or two times, and I’m too impatient that I can barely manage the parking lot!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Dear lovely readers,
This year I am thankful for…
- Readers/followers like you who make this blog so fun to write and share! I’m seriously so lucky to have great readers and great blog friends! Thanks for coming to this space and sharing your lives with me (and putting up with my dad/bad jokes)! :)
- The Husband who is my calm and steady force, and who also happens to be the best coffeemaker in this house (because coffee always tastes better when someone else makes it for you)!
- Parents who love and support me (and The Husband) on life decisions and just general well-being (aka will talk to me on the phone about Colts football games and where something might be located in the grocery store or how to make it through only really bad lunch break). I’m lucky to be able to spend Thanksgiving this year with them!
- A younger brother who lives super far away, but whom has never been a closer friend and confidant (special kudos for the WORST/BEST Guy Fieri impression ever).
- In-law who make me feel like one of their own.
- Friends who are really like family members.
- A puppy who is the sweetest, most loyal, cuddliest ever.
- Coffee, brunch, chocolate chips, and Bath & Body Works candles.
- And a long list of other things that I could list for hours, because I am blessed to the max!
Happy Thanksgiving all, to you and yours! Have a great time with your families today and see you for some shopping tomorrow! :)
Unless you’re ready to go now…then enjoy 30% off apparel, shoes, and accessories online at Target.com!