Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I’m debating ordering these slide sandals from J.Crew Factory, because they have great reviews, and I’ve seen them all over blogs/Instagrams lately. But the question is…what color should I get?!
- Blogger love of the week: Lauren looks KILLER in this black midi dress, and I love that she’s already thought out several other ways to wear it in the future. Gotta love a remixable piece!
- A great polka dot tee for my great polka dot loving friends!
- I got a free $25 to Madewell through their “Insider program” for my birthday, so I ordered this silk bandana…and paid roughly $2 for it. Score.
- You guysssssss…my eyes are leaking, because of this amazing deaf singer on America’s Got Talent. Her story is amazing, her skill is amazing, and she’s amazing (and reminds me a bit of Ingrid Michaelson).
- Sarah has been doing my job for me…and finding the BEST pieces at Target lately, so naturally when I saw this colorful striped dress on her, I had to order it too!
- This police dog lost his job…because he was too dang sociable (awwwww). Don’t worry, he bounced into a new gig pretty quickly.
- If you liked this J.Crew polka dot dress (here), but thought it was too pricey, then might I suggest this affordable option from Old Navy (here – I love a good dupe)!
- My fellow blogger and friend, Nicole, put out her workbook: Feel Good, Dress Better (here), last week! I downloaded it and read it on the way to Michigan…and it is really helpful, thoughtful, and insightful. Highly recommend it!
- Love this breezy blouse in both red and white prints! Try it over shorts or tucked into a skirt for two easy summer looks!
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Where oh where have these striped wedge sandals been all my life?
- Blogger love of the week: Dear Ashley, can I please borrow this whole outfit…and then I’m going to need a trip to Italy to go with it too! ;)
- If you’re like me and looooove peonies…you should probably buy this faux floral arrangement so that you can enjoy them all year long.
- Two words that are sure to get your attention….gingham shirtdress. Yes, please!
- Someone get me a bucket of popcorn (and let’s be honest…probably some tissues), this looks like the cutest movie ever. And everyone needs a daily reminder to be kinder, right….let this be today’s reminder!
- This little white eyelet scarf is the perfect, simple topper for all your summer looks. Easy and breezy.
- More cuteness right here…elephants rushing to meet another elephant! How welcoming and sweet!
- My new favorite coffee travel tumbler (and others like it) are on super duper sale. Score them while you can, they’re GREAT at keeping beverages warm and are so cute!
- I saw this video last week scrolling through Facebook and had to share, because it’s basically pure joy! This girl and her passion for ventriloquy are so cute, I almost cried during it, and I hope she wins the whole thing!
- Major heart eyes for these patterned espadrilles that are under $50 and oh so cute! Now, I could only narrow down what pattern I want!
Happy (floral) Memorial Day! Hope you all enjoy your day off, eat something off the grill, and most importantly, be sure to remember those servicemen and servicewoman who have lost their lives and thank a serviceman or servicewoman if you see one today!
And after you do all of that, be sure to check out the following sales to take advantage of some amazing Memorial Day weekend sales!
ps. You knew I wouldn’t let a patriotic holiday pass without some more red, white, and blue outfit combinations, right? You know me so well! Plus, you can wear the dress like this today and throw on the blazer and some heels tomorrow for work! Presto, change-o! ;)
pps. That. Sun. Flare. Though! (and no, I couldn’t recreate it again if I tried….)
Today’s fun highlights:
- I’m all about the juxtapose of tough jackets with feminine dresses lately. Sassy and sweet…just the way my grandmas like me. ;)
- This week was a whirlwind of going-out events. Monday, the Indy bloggers got together at Punch Bowl Social, and it was super fun to catch up with everyone, meet some new folks, and get my bowl on!
- And then Wednesday, The Husband and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary with some leather gifts (third anniversary tradition, according to the internet…I got a stunning gray J.Crew purse that I’ll be sure to share soon) and a seafood dinner at Salt on Mass (not sure I would fully recommend it, Indy folks…though they did give us a free and delicious salted caramel brownie for dessert!). I’m a lucky lady (and a cheeseball for sure), but that husband of mine is a catch, and I’d marry him again in a heartbeat.
- And today I’m off work and running a million errands this weekend! Cooper to the vet for his yearly check, haircut for me, and dentist for me too (blech). But luckily I also get to see my mom for lunch…these are the perks when you still drive 2 hours to treat with your childhood dentist. Does anyone else still do this…or just me? ;)
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Florals for spring? Groundbreaking.
Did you guys know that you’re not a true style blogger unless you make that Devil Wears Prada joke once every spring. It’s true!
They also take away your membership card if you don’t say the phrase “pop of color” or “must-have piece” once every 10 posts.
So consider me safe for another few posts or so. Thank goodness.
ps. This Loft blouse is putting in some work! I love how it has paired equally well with black (see this post here) and with navy in today’s post!