So I thought today, it would be interesting to showcase how great a solid color fit and flare dress can be in a Capsule Wardrobe. It may seem to be a bit “boring” to have two of the same dress in the capsule (just in different solid colors), but it actually provides a great canvas to jumpstart some outfits. Plus, It. Has. POCKETS!
Take today’s look for example. Perfect for the work environment (I even pass the finger-length test) with a pair of heels, a statement necklace, and a ladylike bag. I think it makes it even more classy by only pairing two colors (my favorites, no big deal).
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s look to see how I take it down a notch by switching out EVERYTHING but the dress.
- On Target item: Merona Navy Fit and Flare Dress (exact – buy one, get one 50% off this week!)
- Necklace: Target (Spring 2014; exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; similar crossbody options below)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (Winter 2013; similar)
Oh hey, just me here. Trying to clean out my closet to help with the Home Purge of 2014 (why is it SO hard to get rid of clothes?), so I had to break out these Christmas Keds! Plus this outfit is totally perfect for the Memorial Day holiday next week, so some early planning on my part (confession: I just liked red and blue and white together)!
Today’s fun highlights:
- Curry date night last night
- Day OFF from work
- Breakfast Bub’s Brunch with B, The Bestie (say that 5 times fast!)
- 25% off Merona Target Cartwheel coupon until tomorrow…yes, please!
- Sleeping during rainstorms
- This Buzzfeed article on Taylor Swift (looooove her and true)!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
Stay nice and dry this weekend, friends! I don’t know about you all, but this week has been super rainy here in Indianapolis! Any fun weekend plans to make me jealous while I do house prep and yardwork?
- On Target item: Merona Sweater (exact)
- Flower Necklace: Target (exact, but there is black, ivory, and blue too)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact – tall and short styles online too!)
- Sneakers: Keds, Christmas present from my MIL (exact, red, black)
Imagine reading this in a very excited voice, okay? I FINALLY found dress pants at a retail store that come in talls and are under $30. Magical moment right here. Spoiler alert: they’re from Target!
Do you know how hard it is to find good dress pants if you aren’t the average height for women? My petite friends and my tall chicas, rejoice, because I found the golden ticket (at least for me – and they come in shorts and regular sizes too), and now I don’t have to pretend that my black jeans are my black dress pants at work.
They hit a little high on the waist on me, but I’m okay with it because 1.) it makes my legs look a million times longer in these photos and 2.) I’d rather have them high than low-riding in the business arena. Plus, under $30? Hallelujah!