Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I’m pretty sure the fine people at The Limited designed this sweater for me…so of course, I bought it.
- Blogger love of the week: I think a slow clap for Sarah’s red, white, and blue outfit is needed. So chic and ALL of the stripes, please!
- I’m almost hit the buy button on these espadrille flats about 17 times…they’re on sale through Sunday, so I still might!
- 31 things you didn’t know about J.Crew. Some of these are super interesting!
- If you’re bad at hair (like me), then you’ll probably enjoy this article. Someone please come to my house every morning and do my hair, pretty please?
- You’ll see this lipstick coming to a blog near you (cough this one cough), but I wanted to give you a heads up about it…it’s my ideal red (color: Red Revenge) and lasts forever!
- Signs you are from the Midwest: this video is 100% me. Sooooo. do you have any ranch? (Or puppy chow?)
- No, I don’t own a sailboat, and I’ve only sailed for a few moments on a camp single person sailboat at camp (a long time ago), but yes, I still ordered this t-shirt this weekend. #nauticalvibesforever
- This zoo just had newborn cheetah cubs…and they’re the cutest things I saw all week! Runner up: this elephant selfie is pretty dang cute too.
- You can’t beat the price on this wrap skirt…perfect for the office and for nights out on the town (it’s an even better deal and cooler print than my J.Crew Factory one).
Outfit Inspiration from: Mindy Kaling on The Mindy Project
*Copycat! is a feature where I try to recreate outfits I find on Pinterest (or various other sources of inspiration), utilizing at least one item from Target.
Third time for a Copycat! This inspiration comes from Mindy Kaling on The Mindy Project, which is actually one of the few shows that I regularly watch (though on Hulu). This sweater is so cute, but so little kid-ish (mainly because I plucked it from the girls department of Old Navy), so I was having a hard time figuring out how to wear it to work. Who else, but the hilarious Mindy, could pair together a horse graphic shirt and still look business appropriate, which is exactly what I wanted to do with this sweater this morning! I took the cutesy-ness of this sweater up a notch with the polka dot tights (which might have seen their last day, since I think they have a run in them…sad face), and have already gotten tons of compliments from people at work. Boom…real life compliments are day makers!
How would you rock this sweater in real life? Old Navy’s Instagram also featured this sweater on their feed today. I’m such a trendsetter, hah!
ps. I’m already sick of winter. And snow. And wearing tights. Get ready for a long winter season of me complaining about the cold and trying to make blankets fashionable. Just what you wanted to hear right?
- On Target item: Mossimo Skirt (purchased in October 2013, but appears to be sold out; similar style in a cool print)
- Sweater: Old Navy (exact)
- Statement Necklace (H&M, old)
- Tights: Merona, Target (here)
- Shoes: Old Navy (here)