Welcome back! I hope you all had a magical Christmas weekend and got every single thing that you wanted! And if you don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you at least get to enjoy a 3-day weekend with family and friends!
And if you didn’t get all that you wanted for Christmas, then check out these post-Christmas going on today! Treat yo’self, because you know I will!
Some notable sales:
- On Target item: Merona Gray Cable Knit Sweater (almost exact)
- Sunglasses: BP, Nordstrom (similar)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact – in Red Orange)
- Coat: Old Navy (similar options below)
- Necklace: Madewell (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Nail Polish: “Rock the Runway” (exact)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)
- Ankle Boots: dv for Target (exact)
I was thinking the other day how great of a title “Checkmate” would be for a post that featured my new favorite coat, so here we are.
But then I also got to thinking about how hilarious it was that a game like chess (known as the thinking man’s game) had a battle cry of “Checkmate,” which for those of you who aren’t familiar with the game means that your opponent has no other moves to save their king (which ends the game).
No other game that I can think of has anything like this. It’s basically like someone shooting the final basket of a basketball game and yelling “Booyah.” Or a soccer player scoring a goal and saying “Na-na-na-na-boo-boo.”
So much for a noble game.
Just some food for thought for your Monday before Christmas break. Checkmate, y’all.
Today’s fun highlights:
- Oh my gosh you guys, winter is here and it arrived very quickly in these parts. Pass me ALL the blankets and scarves…and blanket scarves.
- Today is one of my favorite days of the year! The Husband and I always end up with extra vacation/sick days at the end of the year that we have to use or lose, so we now have a tradition to take a December Friday off together and go explore some new places in Indianapolis! We usually pick a new coffeeshop, new brewery/bar, new restaurant, and new museum to check out. It’s the best way to discover new places in your city!
- And the rest of the weekend, we’ll be celebrating a dear friend’s wedding in Bloomington and trying to stay warm and cozy on our couch!
- Also, not to panic you or anything, but it is only two more weeks til Christmas weekend! Ahhh!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?