Wasn’t that what you were suppose to say for good luck at the beginning of a month? I’m pretty sure that’s at least what they said on Nickelodeon a few years ago! ;)
But what about at the beginning of the week? When you’re wearing an adorable rabbit print blouse?
Do you get double the luck? Does the luck multiply…well…like rabbits? ;)
We might never know, but I’m saying it anyways. Rabbit rabbit.
Maybe I’ll get a three-day work week out of it…or something like that! ;)
Our first stop on this year’s Europe tour was London, mainly because the flights from the US to London was super affordable, but also because our beloved Colts were playing their first overseas football game.
They happened to lose (super sad), but we still were able to enjoy two days in one of my favorite cities! Two days seems a lot longer before you start to factor in jet lag and airport waiting time, but we still managed to see and do a lot!
Top Eight Things to Do in London (in the order we did them):
- Take In an NFL Game at Wembley Stadium – Okay, only if you are really, really obsessed with your team. It was a great experience to watch a super American sport in a foreign country. They don’t just wear jerseys of the two teams that are playing…they wear ALL the NFL jerseys ever. I even got an opportunity to explain one of the rules to some Londoners. Just another day of educating the world ;).
- Walk Along the Thames – There is really no better way to see London. There are endless sights to see in this historic city, so slip on some sneakers and pound that pavement. My favorite area to walk in London? Right along the river Thames, where you can see the London Eye, Big Ben, and all those bridges!
- Say Hi to Big Ben – My favorite landmark to see in London. And I never get sick of looking at it (I studied abroad in London and have been back two times since)! It just is so iconic and a part of a very important building (the Parliament Building). Fun fact, the name Big Ben refers to the large bell in the tower…which is actually called Elizabeth Tower (yes, after the queen).
- Pretend You Live in Buckingham Palace – 775 rooms? It’ll do, I suppose. ;)
- Visit One of the Top Museums – The Husband only got the chance to go to the British Museum (home of the Rosetta Stone) and some of the art museums the last time we were in London. So this go-around, we made some time to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum (which is honestly the BEST museum in London, in my opinion). The museum has 2.3 million objects in their permanent collection, and while you can’t possibly see them all, you can pick and choose what topics interest you (fashion and jewelry for me). And did I mention admission is COMPLETELY free?
- Ride the Tube – While walking might be the best way to see London, riding the Tube is a must! It’s so easy to figure out, and there are so many stops that you can really get anywhere in the city quite quickly. Just be sure to “mind the gap.” ;)
- Have a Drink in a Pub – Pick a pub, any pub! They’re all over, and sometimes, they have the best names! We happened to have a hotel right next to pub called The Fox and Anchor, so of course, I had to con The Husband to have lunch and a pint there. Win, win.
- Dine on Fish and Chips – Because while the food may be a little bland in London, at least it is iconic!
Our next stop (which probably won’t be posted until next week) was Lisbon! It was our first time in Portugal, so naturally, I have lots of photos to go through (#allofthetile!).
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Banana Republic is killing it in the brooch game lately (check them all out here)! My favorites are the acorn (here) and the little Eiffel Tower (here). Perfect for adding flair to your favorite outfit!
- Blogger love of the week: I wasn’t up on the lace-up top/dress trend, unnnnnntil I saw this perfectly-fall look on Krista. Plaid, trendy, and cozy? Yes, yup, yay!
- A scallop Kate-Spade-ish wallet? For only $20? That comes in my two favorite colors? Yes, please!
- 10 colorful accessories under $100 to get you through the upcoming dark days of winter. Those loafers though! Want.
- It’s waaaaaay too soon to start thinking about warm winter coats, but this one (love the green) looks so comfy and cozy for those cold winter days. Oh, and it is under $100!
- I’d like this turtleneck sweater in every single color, please.
- Did Buzzfeed get the best pizza right in your state? Check it out here…and for the record, the best pizza in Indiana is in Bloomington from Mother Bears.
- The most perfect plaid shirt is here…ideal for apple picking, pumpkin carving, and for layering in the winter for holiday parties!
- The 7 most versatile pieces for your fall 2016 wardrobe…gotta get me a turtleneck, ASAP!
- Give me a skirt (any skirt), and I can probably show you at least 3 different ways to wear it, but this is especially true for solid color skirts. This little beauty is a gorgeous shade of burgundy and would look great with black and white stripes, a black sweater and a oversized scarf, and how they have it styled online (with a monocromatic color scheme). Win!