This past Sunday, The Husband and I went apple picking for the second time! We apparently went to Pleasant View Orchards with the rest of Indianapolis, since the place was PACKED!
We’re apparently a little late this year for the apples (who knew?), and most of the trees had either dropped most of their fruit or had been pretty picked over, but we did get a whole bunch of Golden Delicious apples and a new-to-me-apple, Mutsu apples!
And then when we brought them home, I knew I wanted to turn them into a crisp like we made last year, but I couldn’t remember where I got the recipe or any of the ingredients minus oatmeal. And, then I remembered the best part of having a blog…when you share your favorite apple crisp recipe (here) with all your internet friends last year…you just have to search your blog for it! #win
And yes, it was another successful year of delicious apple crisp! ;)
Have you gone apple picking yet this year?
Today’s fun highlights:
- We’re in Amsterdam today, and I’m going to keep this short and sweet!
- This fox print buttondown is one of my favorite fall purchases. It’s adorable, quirky, and super versatile. Foxes are my favorite, and they’re even better on Fridays!
- I’ve had these oxfords in my closet forever, but they’re really getting worn this year. I like them a lot with skirts and dresses, but they work with jeans as well!
- Annnnnd it’s officially vest season, which is my favorite weather season of all! Bust out those vests, my friends, because you all know I will! ;)
- None this week because we’re traveling! They’ll be back in two weeks!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Mossimo Supply Co. Oxfords (similar)
- Sunglasses: Loft (exact)
- Buttondown: Old Navy (exact)
- Vest: J.Crew Factory (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Polish: “Rhapsody Red” (exact)
- Purse: Michael Kors (exact)
- Jeans: Gap (exact)
Today’s fun highlights:
- This morning in the Five for Friday post (here), I told you all that cobalt blue and olive green make a great color combination, and I wouldn’t be a very good blogger, if I didn’t put that into action for you, so here you go! Cobalt blue and olive green in a real life outfit!
- The Husband bought me a massage for our anniversary back in April, and I finally had it this week! So blissful and my shoulders really needed it! Then afterwards, we date-nighted to our favorite sushi spot! Am I lucky or what?
- Working today, but then it is two full weeks of vacation! I don’t think I ever officially announced it here, but The Husband and I are off to explore five countries in Europe (Ireland, Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, and Austria). We’ve been planning and counting down the days, and it’s finally here! Can’t wait to get this journey started and share it with you when we get back!
- You better believe today’s jacket (here) is coming with me to Europe. Worth its minor weight in gold! ;)
- Does anyone have any recommendations for any “must dos” in those countries? Things to eat? Places to see?
- Don’t worry…I worked my tail off, and you’ll have a full two weeks of posts…it’ll be like I wasn’t even missing! ;)
- ps. Have all of you Taylor Swift fans downloaded Ryan Adams’s redo of “1989”? It’s on iTunes (here), and I. Love. It.
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- It’s almost that time of year, guys, when all the animal intarsia sweaters come out (aka the best time of the year)!! How cute is this navy one with a wolf/fox on it? The answer is sooooooooo cute (in case you were wondering)!
- Blogger love of the week: Doesn’t Nicole look STUNNING in this skirt/blouse combo? All of the colors, and I want that skirt. Like now!
- This dress is waaaay out of my price range, but it is gorgeous and I’m going to stalk it until it goes on sale (more like super sale). Even the name of it is pretty (vintage silk scarf dress).
- This article on Mindy Kaling’s Guide to Killer Confidence was so great and so real. It’s no secret, I love me some Mindy. I loved her in The Office and The Mindy Project, but even more than that, I loved her first book (Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?), and I’ve already pre-ordered her second one (Why Not Me?) that comes out next month.
- I feel like this rumor comes around once a year, but THE SPICE GIRLS (minus Posh) MIGHT BE REUNITING VERY SOON! I just don’t know if 90s Katie can handle it.
- Apparently suede bags are having a moment this season/year, and I can’t decided whether I like this one (in brown) or this one (in maroon) more!
- This blogger made tie-dye s’mores, and the camp counselor in me just fangirled the ENTIRE TIME. (Mom, help me make these!) And apparently yesterday was National S’mores Day! Hope you celebrated appropriately!
- How cute is this vintage camera collection tee? Perfect for the photographer (or style blogger) in your life!
- B sent me this (and only this) picture in an email, and I about lost it at worl. If you love the delicious green stuff made from avocados, you might get a kick out of it too (can’t say too much otherwise, I’ll spoil it…warning, there is “inappropriate” language)!
- The “Under $100 Favorites” is my favorite section of J.Crew’s website (here) and is really the only place I’m headed for if there isn’t a coupon code floating around (see above at that silk dress). I’d like this stripe shirt and these navy/blue sneakers please!
Hello after another too-short weekend! We had a blast swimming, kayaking, playing games, and eating way too much delicious food (can you say homemade mint ice cream with dark chocolate sauce…life changing)! Special thanks to J and B for hosting us and making it a splendid weekend!
Onto the outfit though…I bought this gingham skirt specifically because I knew it would work for play (see how I last wore the skirt here) and work, if I styled it properly. So mix in a classic buttondown and heels with a little navy and black color combination, and it turns out you can take this gingham skirt to the office.
Though I think my favorite part of this whole outfit is this beautiful gray Kendra Scott necklace that was sent to me in my latest Rocksbox…I have a feeling this will be a keeper (along with my cobalt blue Kendra Scott necklace). If you haven’t tried Rocksbox, you still have the opportunity to sign up and get one month free with the code “styleontargetxoxo”. Just click here to sign up, and you can check out one month of free jewelry delivery! Pretty sweet deal for a Monday, right?
ps. Apologies for the wrinkles…I tend to take my photos after actually working a full day, so at least you know I wore it for a solid 8+ hours? ;)
- On Target item: Merona Black Heels (exact)
- Necklace: c/o Rocksbox (get your own subscription here, and use code “styleontargetxoxo” for one month free!)
- Shirt: J.Crew Factory (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; similar)
- Skirt: Maison Jules (exact)