Today’s fun highlights:
- Working for the weekend! Half my team was gone this week, and it was super hectic and busy all week long!
- Can’t stop, won’t stop wearing my favorite stripe tees. I’m obsessed with this outfit, and I’ve worn some variation of it at least once every weekend. All you have to do is change out the stripe tee, and it’s like you have a brand new look!
- Today is Day 6 of my Whole30 program, in case you were wondering! It’s actually been going really well, though I have been missing baked goods (scones, cookies, muffins, cake, croissants, etc.), milk in my coffee (using cashew/almond milk instead) and goat cheese (aka my favorite cheese). We tried some new things this week (some better than others), and I think we’re more a fan of the basics that trying to recreate similar tastes (fried cauliflower rice does not taste as good as regular fried rice, by the way)!
- Anyone out there do the Whole30 program before (or now…a couple of you are on a similar timeline as me…yay us!) and have any amazing recipe recommendations?
- This weekend, my parents were going to come down and help us with some home projects (aren’t parents the greatest?), but the Indiana weather hasn’t been cooperating at all! So I think they’re still going to come down on Sunday, and we’re going to take them to one of new favorite restaurants!
- No other plans really, but it’s suppose to be chilly here on Saturday, so Netflix and the couch and a thousand blankets will probably be calling my name!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Another day, another polka dot sweater that I’m in love with! And if polka dots aren’t your print, then here’s a stripe one that I love as well!
- Blogger love of the week: I love Kate’s laidback San Francisco style, and while she called this outfit “Grandpa Style,” I’m loving it! Mainly because of the outfit, but also because grandpas are pretty cool…one of mine reads my blog daily and has one of his own!
- These metallic moccasin slippers will keep you sparkling and warm all winter long even though it might be dull and cold outside!
- 10 successful women share their morning routines…and unsurprisingly, they almost all include coffee! ;) I actually love to read articles that show how people spend their time or what they eat or what they put in their purses. Just interesting to see how other people live, right?
- How cute are these illustrations on what love actually is? I thought they were so well done and sweet. It’s just a good reminder that love normally isn’t over-the-top, grandiose gestures, it’s when your husband lets you have the last slice of pizza in the leftovers or when your dog greets you at the door after you have been gone for 10 minutes to get milk. The artist also has a full book out here if you’re interested.
- In case you missed it, Macy’s is having a crazy awesome sale that includes normally left out designer brands (hurry though, it ends Thursday!). I’m obviously loving my favorite Michael Kors crossbody (kind of want it in black too), and I scored this coat over the weekend. But I’d also love my fairy-godmother to gift me this pretty cognac leather watch (save almost $50!) or another super-soft cashmere sweater for Christmas! #ifonly ;)
- 21 things that life is too short not to do. Sign me up for most of these, especially #21…because sometimes you just need the fries. Or ice cream on a Wednesday night! ;)
- This build-your-own-charm necklace is the coolest idea! Given that I type all day at work, I can’t really wear a charm bracelet, but a personalized necklace? I can get on board with that! The giant “K” charm is super cool too (other letters available too)!
- Remember in the summer when I posted a link about the top ice cream in each state? Well, now there is one for the top pizza in each state! I’ve actually had the Indiana one, and while it was very very good, I guarantee I can take you to a better pizza place in Bloomington, IN! Did they get it right for your state, though?
- Can someone invite me to a fancy party so I have an excuse to buy these sparkling shoes (and you know, a new dress)? So pretty!
Today’s fun highlights:
- Off of work again this Friday, and I’m dancing around the house with joy! This week was both super slow and super fast at the same time…do you ever have those weeks?
- The new Adele album is out (heeeeeeere), and it’s alllllll I’ve listen to this morning. The Husband complained about it, but he has little to no control over the music played in this house and apparently has terrible taste…except when it comes to choosing wives! ;)
- You guys would be embarrassed to find out how many times I’ve worn this EXACT outfit in the last few weeks. I finally was able to grab some decent photos of it, so I’m sharing it today. And when I say decent photos, I mean that my purse is facing THE WRONG WAY in the majority of these photos. I promise I sometimes have my life together. ;)
- However, I’m sure you didn’t even realize that. Because I’m sure you were WAY too busy admiring my super cool crazy dog lady sweater. Because it’s that great. I have three dog sweaters (and one dog…hmmm), and each one is a great conversation starter with strangers. Which is what everyone wants in their life, right?
- How is next week Thanksgiving? Like really, how?
- Loft: $25 off dresses, skirts, and sweaters, plus an extra 50% off sale styles!
- Ann Taylor: 40% off cold-weather layers (aka sweaters, coats, etc.)!
- J.Crew: 30-40% off a huge selection of items and an extra 30% off sale items with code SHOPNOW!
- J.Crew Factory: Extra 35% off items on their gift guide with code YAYGIFTS (definitely check it out)!
- Old Navy: They’re having an early Black Friday sale! Get 30% off every order and 40% off orders of $100+ with code EARLYBIRD!
- Gap: If you’re a cardmember, for a limited time, you can get 50% off your order with code BFRIDAY!
- Target: Buy one, get one 50% off nearly all clothing, shoes, and accessories!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Sam & Libby Tribal Print Loafers (super similar)
- Sunglasses: Loft (exact)
- Jacket: J.Crew (exact)
- Sweater: Liz Claiborne (similar options below)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Rhapsody Red” (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; super similar)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)
I did it, you guys! I kept a secret from The Husband!
And I kept it for over a year…whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
Why is this something to celebrate, you might ask….well, we threw him a surprise party this weekend for his 30th birthday! And you should have seen his face! I’d post it on the blog, but he wouldn’t like that very much…
We had a great Saturday with The Husband’s family and friends, and my parents even came down for the festivities! We had a cookout, played yard games, toasted marshmallows, and ate too many s’mores (okay…that last one was just me). This is what I wore, and since I had to distract The Husband in the morning, I told him that we had to take these photos before we left for Illinois (gotcha).
Big thanks to everyone who came, helped, planned, prepped, and keep the secret with me! Happy Birthday (again) Husband!
Have you already thrown a surprise party? Or ever had one thrown for you?!