Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Another day, another polka dot sweater that I’m in love with! And if polka dots aren’t your print, then here’s a stripe one that I love as well!
- Blogger love of the week: I love Kate’s laidback San Francisco style, and while she called this outfit “Grandpa Style,” I’m loving it! Mainly because of the outfit, but also because grandpas are pretty cool…one of mine reads my blog daily and has one of his own!
- These metallic moccasin slippers will keep you sparkling and warm all winter long even though it might be dull and cold outside!
- 10 successful women share their morning routines…and unsurprisingly, they almost all include coffee! ;) I actually love to read articles that show how people spend their time or what they eat or what they put in their purses. Just interesting to see how other people live, right?
- How cute are these illustrations on what love actually is? I thought they were so well done and sweet. It’s just a good reminder that love normally isn’t over-the-top, grandiose gestures, it’s when your husband lets you have the last slice of pizza in the leftovers or when your dog greets you at the door after you have been gone for 10 minutes to get milk. The artist also has a full book out here if you’re interested.
- In case you missed it, Macy’s is having a crazy awesome sale that includes normally left out designer brands (hurry though, it ends Thursday!). I’m obviously loving my favorite Michael Kors crossbody (kind of want it in black too), and I scored this coat over the weekend. But I’d also love my fairy-godmother to gift me this pretty cognac leather watch (save almost $50!) or another super-soft cashmere sweater for Christmas! #ifonly ;)
- 21 things that life is too short not to do. Sign me up for most of these, especially #21…because sometimes you just need the fries. Or ice cream on a Wednesday night! ;)
- This build-your-own-charm necklace is the coolest idea! Given that I type all day at work, I can’t really wear a charm bracelet, but a personalized necklace? I can get on board with that! The giant “K” charm is super cool too (other letters available too)!
- Remember in the summer when I posted a link about the top ice cream in each state? Well, now there is one for the top pizza in each state! I’ve actually had the Indiana one, and while it was very very good, I guarantee I can take you to a better pizza place in Bloomington, IN! Did they get it right for your state, though?
- Can someone invite me to a fancy party so I have an excuse to buy these sparkling shoes (and you know, a new dress)? So pretty!
Today’s fun highlights:
- Off of work again this Friday, and I’m dancing around the house with joy! This week was both super slow and super fast at the same time…do you ever have those weeks?
- The new Adele album is out (heeeeeeere), and it’s alllllll I’ve listen to this morning. The Husband complained about it, but he has little to no control over the music played in this house and apparently has terrible taste…except when it comes to choosing wives! ;)
- You guys would be embarrassed to find out how many times I’ve worn this EXACT outfit in the last few weeks. I finally was able to grab some decent photos of it, so I’m sharing it today. And when I say decent photos, I mean that my purse is facing THE WRONG WAY in the majority of these photos. I promise I sometimes have my life together. ;)
- However, I’m sure you didn’t even realize that. Because I’m sure you were WAY too busy admiring my super cool crazy dog lady sweater. Because it’s that great. I have three dog sweaters (and one dog…hmmm), and each one is a great conversation starter with strangers. Which is what everyone wants in their life, right?
- How is next week Thanksgiving? Like really, how?
- Loft: $25 off dresses, skirts, and sweaters, plus an extra 50% off sale styles!
- Ann Taylor: 40% off cold-weather layers (aka sweaters, coats, etc.)!
- J.Crew: 30-40% off a huge selection of items and an extra 30% off sale items with code SHOPNOW!
- J.Crew Factory: Extra 35% off items on their gift guide with code YAYGIFTS (definitely check it out)!
- Old Navy: They’re having an early Black Friday sale! Get 30% off every order and 40% off orders of $100+ with code EARLYBIRD!
- Gap: If you’re a cardmember, for a limited time, you can get 50% off your order with code BFRIDAY!
- Target: Buy one, get one 50% off nearly all clothing, shoes, and accessories!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Sam & Libby Tribal Print Loafers (super similar)
- Sunglasses: Loft (exact)
- Jacket: J.Crew (exact)
- Sweater: Liz Claiborne (similar options below)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Rhapsody Red” (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; super similar)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)
I did it, you guys! I kept a secret from The Husband!
And I kept it for over a year…whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
Why is this something to celebrate, you might ask….well, we threw him a surprise party this weekend for his 30th birthday! And you should have seen his face! I’d post it on the blog, but he wouldn’t like that very much…
We had a great Saturday with The Husband’s family and friends, and my parents even came down for the festivities! We had a cookout, played yard games, toasted marshmallows, and ate too many s’mores (okay…that last one was just me). This is what I wore, and since I had to distract The Husband in the morning, I told him that we had to take these photos before we left for Illinois (gotcha).
Big thanks to everyone who came, helped, planned, prepped, and keep the secret with me! Happy Birthday (again) Husband!
Have you already thrown a surprise party? Or ever had one thrown for you?!
Whelp, guys. I slightly blew it.
I had grand ideas of taking tons of outfit photos while on vacation, and then I was too busy having a blast and exploring, that it really only ended up being one per locale, so what was originally going to be two weeks of travel outfits is now just four posts. I’ll be doing two this week and two more next week. So get ready for outfits posts that also include European landmarks! The best of both worlds, right?
Our first stop was Ireland (fun fact: it was also the cheapest for us to fly in-and-out of)! I’ve previously visited in 2009 when I was studying abroad, but I had never seen Dublin or anything really beyond the western coast (aka Cliffs of Moher), so I was excited to see pretty much the entire country.
Check out below for more from our Ireland itinerary and what might be my favorite jacket ever! Seriously think about purchasing this jacket guys (I’ll try to watch out for sales on it for you all). The weight is great, and all the pockets really helped keep my stuff together (perfect for passport/boarding passes)!
Top Ten Things to Do in Ireland (in the order we did them):
- Guinness Storehouse – We were suppose to get into Dublin at 7:30am and have the whole day to explore. Well, American Airlines had some issues (a cargo latch not closing is not good!), so we ended not getting into Dublin until 11:00am, which set us back. We were both exhausted at that point (since we’re terrible plane sleepers), and our plans were all screwed up, so we tried to make the most of it by heading to the Guinness Storehouse for some fun and some beer. The Guinness Storehouse is a combo of a beer/Guinness museum and a observation deck bar that provided a great overview of Dublin (complete with notable landmarks noted on the glass). It was a nice break from the city bustle and a good way to recharge (though fairly expensive entry fee in my opinion).
- Trinity College – After driving around the city (parking is hard to find in Dublin) and checking into our hotel, we wanted to stretch our legs and see some more of the city. Our hotel was just a short walk away from the Trinity College/Temple Bar area, so we headed over there to explore. We had to cut through the St. Stephen’s Green (a very gorgeous park), which was a nice break from the city. Trinity College is a beautiful campus and made me think of my beloved Indiana University!
- Temple Bar – This is a rowdy area with tons of traditional Irish pubs and other restaurants (though is suppose to be home to a lot of cultural institutions as well). It was Sunday, and nearly everyone was eating chicken wings and drinking beer. Slightly hilarious, because isn’t that we do here on Sundays?! ;)
- Seafood Chowder and Brown Bread – This was my Irish staple meal, and I love it! The seafood was super fresh (that’s what happens when you’re essentially on a giant island) and flavorful, and the bread provided a great dipping vessel into the creamy broth! I wish I had a bowl right now! The Husband had beef and Guinness stew and fish and chips while we were in Ireland, and I really enjoyed sampling those too.
- Cliffs of Moher – This is actually the most visited attraction in all of Ireland AND was featured in The Husband and I’s favorite movie of all time, The Princess Bride, so of course we had to go! I had been here previously in 2009, but still really enjoyed seeing it again! Such a beautiful view!
- Bunratty Castle – When I went to Ireland in 2009, we ran out of time to actually go into this castle, so we had planned on actually going in on this trip. Unfortunately, the ticket prices were too much for our cheap blood, so we enjoyed seeing the outside of the castle and a lunch at an old creamery on the property.
- Lough Gur – This place seemed straight out of a movie. Lough means lake, and it was basically a historical site with lots of different sites. Very cool road stop if you have the time.
- The Ring of Kerry – BEST thing we did in Ireland. It’s hard to explain, but basically you drive along a route, stop when you want to see various sites (old castles, fishing villages, stone forts, beautiful coastal views, etc.), and continue on the road until you want to stop again! We spent a whole day doing this, and I love every moment of it. Doing this is totally worth the battle of driving in Ireland!
- Irish Coffee– On our last stop on the Ring of Kerry, we stopped in the cute town of Kenmare (where these photos were taken). We were on the hunt for a sweater (see below) and an Irish coffee, since we hadn’t had one yet. The local bar served us one, but it was ridiculously strong. Turns out that one bartender had started making it and another one had finished it…they both added whiskey though. Good thing for The Husband who finished it off like a champ.
- The Hunt for a Fisherman Sweater – The only souvenir that I wanted was an authentic Irish fisherman/cable knit sweater. Spoiler alert: I never found one that I liked and tried on dozens of options. I made up for it by ordering this sweater from L.L. Bean (which actually was significantly cheaper than all the Irish versions), and I’m super excited to wear it alllll winter long!
As great and amazing as Ireland was…it was actually our least favorite country of the trip (gasp!). Stay tuned for our favorites (we each had different favorites)! There will be a new Europe post tomorrow and then again next week on Wednesday/Thursday!
Have you ever been to Ireland?