Windowpane/grid prints are ridiculously popular right now. I compiled a widget of them below, but I’ve actually had this shirt in my closet for over a year (and yes, this is the first time I’ve worn it). This basically means I’m uber ahead of fashion trends* and that you should always listen when I say that something is cool and immediately buy it.
*This likely means that I am 100% not trendy nearly 95% of the time, I think? ;)
- On Target item: Sam & Libby Chain Print Loafers (exact)
- Blazer: Merona, Target (exact – on clearance!)
- Blouse: Kohl’s (gift; similar options above!)
- Purse: Merona, Target (Fall 2014; similar options)
- Skirt: J.Crew (old; similar)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact – and on sale!)
Just stopping to smell the
roses hydrangeas growing all over our area right now. Aren’t they gorgeous!? I felt super chic in this outfit, and per usual, it is the touch of accessories (including my favorite Merona tote) that makes me feel that way. I mean a black lace tee and green pants can only take you so far, but accessories…next level stuff.
Statement necklace? Check. Open toe booties? Check. Cognac colored tote? Check.
- On Target item: Gold/Green Statement Necklace (exact – comes in gold/pink too)
- Lace Top: J.Crew (thrifted, similar 1 (like almost exact), similar 2)
- Pants: Old Navy (exact – LOVE them especially b/c they come in talls!)
- Purse/Tote: Merona, Target (exact – see my review here)
- Shoes: Candies, Kohl’s (present from The Husband; exact, similar 1, similar 2)
Black and white and blue. These are the colors that are going to be featured at my wedding. I like to think that they work well together, but my grandma? Not so much. Hopefully, she’ll change her mind between now and April, but if not? I’m pretty sure my wedding can do the trick. Humble brag alert.
I like how the classic black and white work with these pants (which can be almost too funky at times), and I am super excited to wear these pants with flats (and not ankle boots). February is coming to a close this week, and I couldn’t be happier!