Our first stop on this year’s Europe tour was London, mainly because the flights from the US to London was super affordable, but also because our beloved Colts were playing their first overseas football game.
They happened to lose (super sad), but we still were able to enjoy two days in one of my favorite cities! Two days seems a lot longer before you start to factor in jet lag and airport waiting time, but we still managed to see and do a lot!
Top Eight Things to Do in London (in the order we did them):
- Take In an NFL Game at Wembley Stadium – Okay, only if you are really, really obsessed with your team. It was a great experience to watch a super American sport in a foreign country. They don’t just wear jerseys of the two teams that are playing…they wear ALL the NFL jerseys ever. I even got an opportunity to explain one of the rules to some Londoners. Just another day of educating the world ;).
- Walk Along the Thames – There is really no better way to see London. There are endless sights to see in this historic city, so slip on some sneakers and pound that pavement. My favorite area to walk in London? Right along the river Thames, where you can see the London Eye, Big Ben, and all those bridges!
- Say Hi to Big Ben – My favorite landmark to see in London. And I never get sick of looking at it (I studied abroad in London and have been back two times since)! It just is so iconic and a part of a very important building (the Parliament Building). Fun fact, the name Big Ben refers to the large bell in the tower…which is actually called Elizabeth Tower (yes, after the queen).
- Pretend You Live in Buckingham Palace – 775 rooms? It’ll do, I suppose. ;)
- Visit One of the Top Museums – The Husband only got the chance to go to the British Museum (home of the Rosetta Stone) and some of the art museums the last time we were in London. So this go-around, we made some time to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum (which is honestly the BEST museum in London, in my opinion). The museum has 2.3 million objects in their permanent collection, and while you can’t possibly see them all, you can pick and choose what topics interest you (fashion and jewelry for me). And did I mention admission is COMPLETELY free?
- Ride the Tube – While walking might be the best way to see London, riding the Tube is a must! It’s so easy to figure out, and there are so many stops that you can really get anywhere in the city quite quickly. Just be sure to “mind the gap.” ;)
- Have a Drink in a Pub – Pick a pub, any pub! They’re all over, and sometimes, they have the best names! We happened to have a hotel right next to pub called The Fox and Anchor, so of course, I had to con The Husband to have lunch and a pint there. Win, win.
- Dine on Fish and Chips – Because while the food may be a little bland in London, at least it is iconic!
Our next stop (which probably won’t be posted until next week) was Lisbon! It was our first time in Portugal, so naturally, I have lots of photos to go through (#allofthetile!).
From one Indiana University grad to another, this month’s Style Soulmate is Jessica from What I Wore (here).
Because how can you go wrong with a utility jacket, a little black dress, and ankle boots?
You can’t. The oversized scarf keeps it interesting and allows you to mix up the look again and again. Add in some tights when the temperatures finally cool down, and you can keep this look going for a looooonnng time.
So go Jessica, go me, and go Hoosiers (that’s our school’s nickname)!
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- A gingham blazer (that’s not from J.Crew AND goes on sale every other day)? Yes, please!
- Blogger love of the week: When Kimberly does a post for Old Navy, I pin all her pictures and stop and buy ALL the things that she features. She truly is the master of affordable fashion!
- This workout tank just gets me (#margsforlife)!
- Now that I’m done with the Whole30, I’m on a mission to find out the most PERFECT chocolate chip cookie (my favorite), and this list may have narrowed it down to the top 10 recipes for me to try out! Yum!
- The perfect neutral heeled sandal to take you from work to summer nights out!
- Reason number #179 that I love Tommy Hilfiger: this striped collared tie blouse!
- The 90s are most definitely making a comeback, and while I’m not excited for 90s style to return (pass on chokers 2.0)…I am excited for the 90s Bath & Body Works scents to return! Flashback to middle school, you all!
- Another day, another gingham dress that I love. And bonus? This one is under $70!
- This short film won 59 awards, got the filmmakers jobs at Disney and Pixar, has a great message, AND is about a cute puppy! So that definitely means it is worth four minutes of your time!
- Love these dressy striped red/tan/blue shorts! Great with a white tee and statement necklace or with a light navy sweater and espadrilles! Or if shorts aren’t your thing…try this dress in the same print!
ps. Sorry for the 10 million photos of my outfit today! This was probably my favorite outfit (and all Target items!) and set of photos recently, so it was hard to choose which ones to eliminate.
pps. Trust me, that does not happen every day! It’s usually like “which one has the least amount of hair in my face” or “which one am I making the most normal-ish face in…does that count as a smile”?! #bloggerproblems ;)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Working for the weekend!
- And wearing pretty much the same outfit over and over again. Stripes and scarves are just made to go together!
- This week was half gorgeous weather and half rainy days here in Indianapolis, but this weekend is suppose to be back to gorgeous weather. Hip, hip, hooray!
- Plus I found out that one of my favorite summer activities, outdoor movie viewing, is definitely going to happen this year, because the venue is showing The Princess Bride!! It’s my favorite movie of all time, and I can’t wait!
- Today is day 20 of the Whole30, and I am so glad to be 2/3 of the way through. I don’t have any extreme cravings any more and the whole thing is pretty mindless for me now. I do miss the ease of ordering pizza…and the taste of cheese!
- This weekend, I’m headed to northern Indiana on Saturday to attend a bridal shower (for my cousin) with my mom. I love celebrating weddings (especially with family), so I’m excited to celebrate the bride-to-be!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?