So, no better time than Skirt Week to bust out a skirt that you have never. ever. worn before!
Enter this paisley skirt that I couldn’t decide originally if I liked or not. Well, like most other pencil skirts from Target, it fit perfectly and wore me down, since it can be worn with SO MANY colors! I had to have it, and once I had it, then it just hung around, until the recent closet clean out. It got bumped to the front (aka to prompt me to wear it), and the rest is history!
Are any of you rocking an old skirt (or neglected one, like mine)!?
Skirt Week Link-up Guidelines:
1. Follow us on Bloglovin’
• Style on Target
• Shopping My Closet
• Shades of Sarah
2. Use the widget below to link to your specific blog post (i.e today’s post) featuring a skirt, not your blog’s homepage.
3. I’m planning on using the hashtag #skirtweek2014 on Instagram, and I’d love to be able to see you all on there with that hashtag as well!
Can’t wait to keep seeing your looks!!
Another new blog feature (the whole blog is new, which means I need new ideas?) will be reviews of “foundation/essential” pieces. These, in a sense, will be your investment pieces (though they don’t have to be at investment prices) as opposed to your trend pieces. So staples versus fads?
First up on the docket for a Style on Target Review is this black softshell jacket from C9 by Champion. I had been wanting a fall/spring weight jacket that was longer in length and was made of the softshell material. Oh, and it HAD to have a hood. I was willing to spend around $100 for it, since I knew I would be wearing it a ton. I looked all over – online and in-stores – and couldn’t ever find what I was looking for. I just happened to be in Target and stumbled upon the beaut in the athletic/C9 by Champion section. I couldn’t try it on fast enough.
It was EVERYTHING that I was looking for, so I took it home…for 50 BUCKS! Score me.
I’ve worn it pretty much nonstop since then, and I am trying to sneak a few more wears out of it, before the weather turns on me. Check it out online at the above link or in store!
- Hood (hugely necessary for me, as I hate being rained on, but also hate carrying an umbrella)
- Warm enough for both winter and spring (lined and I got it big enough to wear another thin jacket underneath if need be)
- Exterior zip pockets (perfect for keeping stuff in)
- Double zipper (allows for zipping up and parting bottom for walking)
- Softshell fabric (thick and wind/water resistant)
- Sleeves are cut at an angle, which is a cool feature
- Paneling on jacket gives a slim look
- Color choices (comes in this black, light gray, purple, charcoal, and teal – so pretty and I almost got this color)
- Honestly none at this time!