Today’s fun highlights:
- Friday off work (back on my normal schedule this week), and it feels so good!
- Last night’s date night was actually an Indy style bloggers meet-up! It was also the girliest date night I’ve ever been on! Parisian decor, cake, and coffee. Yes, please! We dined on cake and coffee (yes, Mom, that was my dinner) and laughed all night long.
- How typography nerd is my title…be honest. I love typography in design (basically the art and technique of arranging type to make something of art), and I couldn’t resist pairing my ampersand sweater and some ellipses (you know them as polka dots) together. Dot, dot, & dot!
- On a less nerdy note, B and I are headed to Louisville this weekend to meet up with C. It has been a bit since we’ve all been in one room (New Years’ Eve?, maybe?), so we’re more than ready to get together! Road trip!
- Weekend sales:
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- Long week is finally coming to an end!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Merona Dot Blouse (similar)
- Sweater: J.Crew Factory (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (exact)
- Purse: Coach (via Poshmark; similar)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact)
- Heels: JCPenney (similar – and on super sale!)
Guys, I’m officially a style blogger now! I bought a used, but still fancy “style blogger lens” (aka a 50mm f/1.8 Mid-Range Lens) one and half weeks ago, and I’m slowly but surely learning how to use it.
I shot about 3 outfits before I think I figured out some of the tricks, so the next couple of outfit photos might be a bit overexposed (read super white and light), so bear with me. I’m really hoping that this takes my blog to the next level, plus it’s kind of fun to figure stuff out like that (I think? ;)).
Anyways, the browns and navys of this outfit were calling my name one early morning in my closet, so I had to give in and let them hang out together.
ps. Any tips and tricks on working with this type of lens?
As I mentioned on Friday, The Husband and I had taken the day off from work to go on a hike in Brown County, Indiana, and we were worried about the rain ruining our plans (oh and it was gonna be coooooold). We had planned on Thursday night to not go at all, but woke up on Friday morning and didn’t really want to give up our original plans.
So off we went (blasting Taylor Swift the entire way).
We arrived right after 9:00am and seemed to have the whole park to ourselves, which NEVER happens. The leaves were pretty much gone, but we still enjoyed our 1.5 hour hike together, and it was still really gorgeous.
And then we got pizza! If you ever find yourself in the gorgeous college town of Bloomington, Indiana (home to my Alma mater Indiana University), then please stop for lunch or dinner at Mother Bear’s pizza. You can thank me later.
The rest of the weekend was chill and full of good food, which is very important. And Target came to my website and pinned this picture. SUPER, SUPER EXCITING!
Hope you all had an equally great weekend as well!
Ps. And this coat came up for sale on Friday, and I had to have it. I missed out on it last year, and that was not about to happen again. My favorite color combo? On an item that I am eligible to purchase? Plus, an additional discount AND 31% off and free shipping (thanks Halloween)? Done and done.
*Not part of the capsule, but outerwear doesn’t count!
Still digging this sock/ankle boot trick that I first debuted here. #sorrynotsorry
This outfit was just quirky enough for me with the pairing of the animal graphic sweatshirt (obsessed with this bad boy) and the animal print belt. But then I had to take it one step further with the socks (pun intended).
I’ve learned that you’ve got to keep it interesting during this capsule challenge. It’s all about finding new ways to wear things and pair things.
Who knew socks could be so.much.fun!?