What do you get when you cross a style blogger, a J.Crew gingham skirt, and a budget?
A gingham skirt remix, of course!
Because this skirt cost me a little bit more than I would normally spend on a skirt (no regrets, though), I definitely need it to be a major workhorse in my closet. And don’t you hate when a blogger that you follow ends up wearing an item and then you NEVER EVER see it again?
So get ready for the OPPOSITE of that to happen here…and get excited to be sick of this skirt by the end of summer, because I’m going to be wearing it again and again and again. We might as well rename the blog, “Style On Gingham Skirt” (SOGS for short ;)).
And best of all? It might help you think of some new ways to wear one of your favorite skirts (even if it isn’t navy/white gingham)! Or it might not, but that’s okay…I love this skirt enough to selfishly wear and rewear it just for myself! ;)
On your mark, get set, remix!
ps. Check out Gingham Skirt Outfit 1 (in case you missed it…you know, last week!).
Soooooo clearly another missed opportunity here with the purchase of this skirt in August, not July. Because how perfect would this skirt have been for Red, White, and Blue Week?
The answer….pretty perfect.
But don’t worry, I’m not like other bloggers, because I don’t mind wearing red, white, and blue no matter the month, week, or day. Because every day is a good day to wear your favorite color combo…no matter what it is.
Yes, that even goes to you lovers of pink and purple.
But, excuse me while I go wash my eyes out just thinking about that. #neverpink
Let’s get one thing straight…despite what The Husband thinks…you CAN wear white to a bridal shower even if you are not the bride.
But only one piece. Not two. Not even one-and-a-half. Just ONE.
I put this outfit on to wear to my cousin’s bridal shower, and The Husband asked me what I was doing. Uhhh, getting dressed?
“You can’t wear white to someone else’s wedding or bridal shower. YOU taught me that!”
After I calmed him down, I explained that I couldn’t wear a white dress (and I would recommend staying away from even a white skirt) to someone else’s wedding or bridal shower, but a white tank , no problem. White denim jacket or white blazer? A-okay. White cardigan? Get it girl! Just be sure to wear other colors with it, and bring a present! Or at least that’s what I did! ;)
Once again, this is why I have a style blog…and he doesn’t.*
*He sometimes hilariously pretends to have a style blog where he wears the same thing every week. Monday shirt and jeans. Tuesday shirt and jeans. You get the picture….
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- If anyone sees this stunning red/blue plaid dress go on sale from Ann Taylor, alert your favorite style blogger (coughMEcough), okay? ;) It’s like they know I love red/blue with all their new pieces!
- Blogger love of the week: Even though she makes fun of my beloved Colts in this post, I still adore Sarah (Indy bloggers for life!), her casual fall outfit, and her fierce fierce fierce shoes. We’re all in agreement that she needs a Colts sweatshirt though, right? Or at least this sweater from Ann Taylor!
- The Tommy Hilfiger section of Macy’s is my favorite section, and this navy/white textured skirt is my new favorite piece to price stalk! ;)
- After 59 years of making Barbie, Mattel finally got the advertisement (here) done of WHY most girls play (and why they should play with Barbies). I still think they’ve got so more to do (body proportions to start with), but this is such a great step!
- Another blogger posted this article about how often and when you should be drinking coffee, and I should really pretend that I never saw this article…because I’m head over heels for coffee. I don’t even drink it for the caffeine sometimes! I just love the smell/taste/warmth! Is anyone else an addict like me and my grandma? ;)
- If you missed out on the plaid scarf that every fashion blogger ever owns, there’s a really similar one here! Now’s your chance!
- Discovering new drugstore makeup that really works is hard work. What’s good…what’s not-so-good? But don’t worry, The Everygirl has taken all the guesswork out of it for you with their top five picks.
- I really like graphic sweatshirts, but I’m never sure how to wear/style them other than with jeans. That being said I could probably make an exception for this “happy” sweatshirt and this “very good” one!
- My Sole Society shoes are some of my favorite pairs of shoes, so I love this article on 3 types of fall shoes you need and how to style them!
- This is NOT a drill. Target has L.L.Bean-style duck boots for $50 in two different color combos (here)! I guarantee that these will sell out fast, so I’d order them now! I’m thinking about ordering a pair to see how they compare and will do a blog post about it if I do!
- BONUS: Katie (a nice Style On Target reader…with a great name ;)) alerted me yesterday that the Cartwheel app has 25% off women’s apparel (in stores only) from now until November 7! I know where I’m going on my lunch break tomorrow, thanks Katie! :)
- On Target item: Merona Red/Black Buffalo Plaid Blanket Scarf (exact)
- Lip Color: Almay (exact)
- Sweater: Loft (similar)
- Nail Color: “Game of Chromes” (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; super similar)
- Pants: Loft (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- If you’ve been lusting after the J.Crew Field Jacket (here, if you don’t know what I’m talking about), but can’t afford the price, then I’ve found a great substitute for you (here) for under $60! Score!
- Blogger love of the week: I’m a bit behind on my blog reading after being out of the country, but I loved this post from Kendi on ways to remix a leather skirt. It was a great reminder to bust mine out soon now that it is fall!
- High heels are hard to wear day in and out, so I’ve been trying to work more flats into my life. These gold moccasins are gorgeous and under $50! Major score.
- Did you guys here about Target’s new price matching program (here)? They’re not only matching Walmart’s pricing now, but Amazon and several other others (from only 5 in the past to 29 now)! Pretty impressive stuff…just in time for the holiday season too!
- Please tell me that you guys have seen this movie dance mashup set to Bruno Mars’s “Uptown Funk”. Super well down, and some great movie scenes were used (and the song’s pretty great too ;))!
- I’ve found the most perfect leopard print scarf out there, and it’s under $20! You can thank me later! ;)
- We all love budget shopping here, right? Apparently while I was out of the country, I was featured with 19 other budget fashionistas (thanks Tracy for the alert)! Check out all the others…you might just find a few new accounts to follow!
- My favorite ultrasoft Target sweaters are baaaaaccckkkk right now! Pick them up (they come in like every color ever) and surrender yourself to the softness!
- Who doesn’t love instant gratification? Here are 43 products that provide instant results! I’ll have to check out several of these “instant wonders”!
- You like scallops, I like scallops. This bag has scallops…see where I’m going with this?! ;) Super cute and comes in black or brown!