Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- This blue/white blazer is the perfect edition to anyone’s work wardrobe, and it would easily transition to weekends too!
- Blogger love of the week: It’s a little bit colder in Canada, so I’m saving one of Adina’s latest looks to wear come fall! Stripes + scarves + utility vests? Count me in!
- You know those floppy hats with cutesy sayings written on them that are super popular right now? I found one for under $30! Score!
- Five items that will make your wardrobe feel brand new…I actually would like ALL of these pieces to magically find a home in my closet, right now!
- Obsessing over both prints on this midi skirt that is under $50!
- I love J.Crew, you love J.Crew…so here’s everything you need from them this summer…and they’re all under $100!
- When all is not right in the world and things are getting you down, just enjoy these 21 purely simple, but happy things!
- Love love love this affordable stripe tee dress! So good that I can try to order it in every color option! ;)
- Chrissy Teigen is my new favorite celeb…my brother got me her cookbook for my birthday, and I’m sure everything in there is delicious (making my first recipe from it tomorrow), but nothing compares to this Instagram photo (here). It is my new favorite thing.
- My favorite Merona sandals (that I’ve been wearing up and down this blog recently) are on sale for only $19 this week, so you better snag them up! They come in three colors…and I might own them all now! ;)
ps. I shopped my own closet for these white jeans…I had bought them last year at the end of the season, and while they aren’t a perfect PERFECT fit, they’ll do for all the white jean outfits I want to wear right now!
pps. Any takers on how long I can keep them this white? Three months? Two weeks? One day? ;)
Man, oh man. I am so glad that this silk scarf trend is here…and hopefully here to stay!
I’ve been rocking them with everything lately (see here and here for examples), and can you imagine how sad and lonely this outfit would be without this scarf? But take you regular boring work apparel and pop on a colorful silk scarf, and you’ve got a winner of an outfit!
And the best part? This outfit base would work well with a multitude of scarves! I’ve rounded up 12 of my favorites below, and they’re all under $50! Check them out!
So are you jumping on the silk scarf bandwagon?
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote Purse (almost exact)
- Lip Color: c/o Anthropologie (exact)
- Scarf: vintage from my mom (similar)
- Sweater: Old Navy (similar)
- Watch: Xhilaration, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Pants: Loft (similar)
- Loafers: Land’s End (exact)
Yes, this is actually what I wore yesterday to celebrate Easter with my family on a gorgeous day in Indiana! I guess you can call it my Easter dress, even though it isn’t pastel, ruffle-y, or floral print.
But it can be worn during Easter egg hunts (I would assume…no one hid any for me), to eat Easter lunch, and while you help roll 50 pound tree stumps through your grandpa’s front yard (serious on this one). Fit and flare striped dresses for the win. I got this one from Talbots last year, and they have a similar V-neck version one this year (here), but I also linked to a similar one below.
I hope you all had a great Easter (if you celebrate) and got to eat copious amounts of chocolate, jellybeans, and marshmallow Peeps (if you’re a fan of those). I’m more of a Cadbury creme egg fan, and I’d love to read about your favorite Easter candy in the comments! Let me know!
ps. On a semi-random note, we watched Spotlight (this year’s Best Picture film) on Saturday night, and it was really good. We have Room on our list to watch next, have you seen either one yet?
Hats off (or on in this case) to this outfit, which might be one of my all-time favorites on the blog.
Favorite color combination (blue and white) with a touch of neutrals? Check.
Cozy separates layered for a interesting look? Check.
Simple accessories that enhance the look, not distract from it? Check.
Basics (sweater, navy pants, etc.) that aren’t basic? Check.
Shoes that I love a lot, but still make me dramatically slip every so often on every walking surface ever? Check. ;)
What are your favorite outfit elements? Let me know in the comments!