Today’s fun highlights:
- You know…because that’s a thing. That I just created…on this blog…where I am most definitely not Parisian nor a motorcycle biker.
- And most people would debate you on the chic part too! ;)
- This week flew by and I’m happy to be back into the swing of things at work (and not buried under emails after being out)!
- This weekend we’re staying home, and I’m attempting to clean out my closet (or at least start the process). My side of the closet is slowwwllly starting to take over the whole closet.
- We’re also going to our annual Halloween party! I’ll try to remember to share our costume on Instagram, but it is a secret until then!
- Is anyone else dressing up for Halloween? Let me know what you are going as!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Cause I’m bad to the bone…
…wellllll as bad to the bone as someone in fleece-lined tights and a polka dot print dress can be.
I’ve had this motorcycle faux leather jacket (from Target!) for a couple of years now, and it really only gets worn the few times that I go out and celebrate at bars in the fall/winter. Because it’s a warm layer that still looks cool (unlike my giant puffer jacket). Beyond that, it might be a little too “hard” for my normal style, but I love it when I wear it.
I wore this look out to the bars to celebrate B’s birthday a few weeks back and then I wore the exact same outfit again to work. And yes, that means I am the type of person who would wear a shirt dress to the bar…and then to work! I’m basically the coolest person you know.
Hope you guys had a great long weekend and aren’t dragging too much today! Did you get your fill of family, food, and shopping?
ps. This dress has polka dots (obviously), pockets, and is on sale today!! #win
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I’ve been looking to add a classic leather watch to my collection, and this one from Fossil is my frontrunner. I love Fossil watches and actually bought The Husband one for our anniversary this year!
- Blogger love of the week: Kimberly does it again. Once again, she styled items from Old Navy into two outfits, and once again, I want everything!
- Toggle/duffel coats are always majorly sought after coats, because they’re functional AND cute. I have a tan one already, but this one comes in black, gray, AND a super cute red! Maybe bundling up won’t be so bad in this bad boy!
- If you’re looking for a new book to read, definitely check out The Everygirl’s Fall Reading List (here). I read Mindy Kaling’s book on our Europe trip, and it was a quick and very fun read!
- How cute is this 103-year-old woman who dressed up as Wonder Woman for her birthday AND volunteered! I want to be this cool when I’m 103!
- I love this statement necklace from Ann Taylor. It would work well with so many different outfits, but I’ll wait for one of their awesome sales before buying!
- I’ll be the first to admit that I hate commercials, but this one from Extra gum is one of the sweetest commercials ever, and I may have loved it so much that I watched it twice. All the feels.
- These tortoise shell print shoes are under $30 and might be sitting in my online shopping cart at this very moment! So cute!
- Did you guys hear about Target’s new collection with the blog Who What Wear? Check it out here. It’s launching in February 2016, and I’m sure to want everything. The two best parts are that new pieces from the collection will be launching the first week of every month and every piece will be $50 or less!
- I’m obsessing over this wine/burgundy/oxblood suede purse that I just got from Express. Perfect size, and I love that you can easily change the chain length to make “different purses.”
Just a little black and gray outfit today.
Perfect for days when you’re so over winter and wishing for spring, which I think all of us in the Midwest have reached that point this week, and it definitely doesn’t help that it actually felt like spring on Monday and Tuesday of this week.
I’ve also been wearing these tights into the ground this week (along with these ankle boots that were the perfect Christmas present from The Husband). Merona opaque tights are my favorite tights in the whole wide world, and they’re currently on sale online. I highly recommend you check them out. I have them in black, navy, and burgundy, and I’m trying to debate whether or not to add gray into the mix!
First off, thank you all for your kind words from Friday’s post. The Husband and I both appreciate the love and support. It’s hard to share negative things on a blog, but life isn’t all about brunch, nice shoes, and styled looks, which is sometimes all you see on blogs. So thanks for sharing in my realness.
Secondly, the New Year’s Eve party we hosted went off pretty well! I mean any party with a cheese tray and buffalo chicken dip is a great party in my book, so we had that going for us at the beginning. It was a random assortment of people (some family, some friends from college, some new friends, etc.), but we all got along really well. Except for my cousin who made fun of Taylor Swift during her performance…he might not have survived the night! It was great ringing in the New Year with such great friends and family (and nice to have my brother see our house for the first time).
This is what I wore that night, but I subbed the heels for a pair of black flats with a gold capped toe (similar here), because you don’t have to wear heels if you’re in your own house, am I right?
- On Target item: Merona Boatneck Tee (exact)
- Hair Bow Pin: unknown (old; similar)
- Necklace: Target (old; similar)
- Coat: Merona, Target (exact – sold out online, but check at your local store!)
- Clutch: Madewell (gift from The Husband; similar)
- Tights: Gap (Fall 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor (Winter 2013; similar options below)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)