Today’s fun highlights:
- Off another Friday (yes, my co-workers are jealous)! Just burning up those vacation days! I think I only work like one more Friday the rest of 2014! So lucky, I know!
- I love scarves. Duh. They’re great at changing up looks (especially my graphic tee into a plain gray tee). They’re my floaty wings in this Capsule Challenge!
- I love love love fall, because I’m basic (see here for more on that). Sweater, scarves, blazers, boots of all kinds, and gorgeous leaves. They’re all my favorites.
- The Husband and I are off to IL to join his family for a baby shower for my sister-in-law. I may have gone crazy on the registry buying, but in my defense, you only get to buy presents for your very first niece once. So. Much. Pink.
- Some of you loved the coat that I ended up buying last week. Well guess what? It’s part of a 30% off deal right now! Find it here and use the code EXTRA30.
- I actually started my Christmas shopping after mentioning it last week. So Type A.
- 40 outfits down. 34 to go! I’d like to start showcasing more tricks about making the most of your capsule. I feel like I haven’t even scratched the surface of what this capsule can do.
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- This whole getting-dark-before-I-even-get-home thing. No me gusta.
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
So yesterday’s look (here if you missed it) featured this same skirt and tee, but for a more classic look.
This time around, we’re putting a glam twist on it (aka Jennifer Lopez could wear this).
I was inspired by Jessica Alba’s look from Monday’s Target That Look post (here) to pull out my fur vest (reverses to a brown quilted vest). I’m one of those crazy people that love mixing brown and black (and blue and navy for that matter), and I took full advantage of that mixing here. The leopard print helps it all work together and adds a little bit of zest. Meeeeeooooowww.
I’d probably lean to the classic look as my favorite of the two, but it is always fun to step out of your comfort zone and try a different style. Which one is your favorite?
And would you rock a (faux) fur vest?
- On Target item: Merona Black 3/4 Sleeve Tee (Fall 2013, but this one is nearly exact)
- Necklace: Target (Spring 2014; super similar)
- Fur Vest: thrifted (similar options below)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (Fall 2013; super similar)
- Clutch: Banana Republic Outlet (Summer 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Ankle Boots: Mossimo, Target (Fall 2013; similar 1, similar 2)
I’ve been loving these posts lately where I show two different ways to wear the same basics, but in vastly different ways, so I thought that I would continue that on Wednesdays/Thursdays for the next few weeks. It’s amazing to me how different outfits can look based on the accessories worn, which is why this capsule challenge hasn’t been that hard yet.
Today’s look features my favorite plaid scarf and my new-to-me yellow winter coat from Poshmark (for $15!). There’s just a touch of yellow in the plaid scarf, which pretty much demanded that I pair it with my new coat (ps. how gorgeous is this coat? It is definitely going to keep me smiling this winter because of how bright it is). The tan skirt and black tee provide a perfect neutral background to this pairing.
Come back to see tomorrow’s look to see how I can take classic into glam.
ps. The best thing in the world is when out-of-town friends visit and go eat cheese curds with you. Thanks for the dinner date, HH! ;)
Lots of brown and tan to look at in this one. I can’t get enough of this rich cognac color this fall (I’m sure some of you feel the same…or maybe have discovered its appeal years ago)!
It obviously pairs beautifully with fall shades (olive greens, dark blues, reds, and oranges), but these boots will be perfect with dark winter shades (fingers crossed they’ll be okay in a Midwest winter) and those spring pastels.
Count me in as a cognac fan!
It’s fall, y’all!
I wore this to work earlier this week and got told by multiple people that I looked “so fall.” I’m not sure if it was the color combo, the sweater/ankle boots combo, or the plaid scarf, but I will take it!
It’s fall weather (finally) here in Indiana, and I hope it is here to stay!
ps. I can’t stop wearing this scarf. Obviously.
- On Target item: Merona Red/Tan Plaid Scarf (exact – sold out online, but check the link for your local store’s stock!)
- Sweater: Old Navy (Fall 2013; similar)
- Trench: MICHAEL Michael Kors (scored recently at Nordstron Rack for under $100; exact)
- Pants: Old Navy (exact – LOVE them especially b/c they come in talls!)
- Ankle Boots: Loft (exact)