It gets a little monotonous on this blog sometimes with all the navy, stripes, and J.Crew-inspired items/looks. I know. You know. And it’s okay. I definitely have my favorite silhouettes and styles that I gravitate to (my motto is apparently, if it’s navy…grab it before it crawls away).
But sometimes, I feel like that might get boring or predictable for you as a reader, so I wanted to shake it up (a tiny bit) today with featuring a retailer that I don’t normally wear, but love love love to walk through their store/displays…aka Madewell.
There’s something inspiring about looks that basically just consist of a tee and shorts, but still are “elevated” (whatever that means, right?). Basics that aren’t basic, you know? And no one does unbasic basics and summer styles quite like Madewell.
Easy, breezy, and only a tiny bit of navy in sight…here are my top 24 picks from Madewell this season. ;)
ps. Vacation clutch here…that makes me want to take a permanent vacation.
Today’s fun highlights:
- Or more like, Happy St. Palm-trick’s Day….okay, I’ll see myself out.
- Just sporting a little green over here for St. Patrick’s Day. No pinches here. This palm leaf print tee must have been an end-of-season summer sales find last year (that I don’t remember buying…haha), and I found it in my closet when I was trying to pack for Texas. Good find, past-me…good find.
- Which also means, I probably need to make time to do another closet cleanout. #whoops
- But not this weekend, because we’re jammed pack with a St. Patrick’s Day celebration tonight and birthday celebrations on The Husband’s side this weekend. Ready, set, party is my motto this weekend!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I ordered these striped pants this weekend, because I thought they might be perfect for some non-boring work pants. I’ll keep you posted, but I’m worried that even in the talls, they might be too short for my giraffe legs!
- Blogger love of the week: Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about this look on Daphne. Blue + white + tulips…say no more! I’ll be recreating this here as soon as the weather can figure itself out over here!
- This might be the prettiest skirt in the history of skirts.
- J.Crew shows you how to style your denim the next time you are in a style rut!
- These striped ankle strap flats are the perfect spring/summer addition to anyone’s wardrobe!
- The last thing I need in my closet is another jacket/coat, but this one is such a fun shape, annnnnd it comes with detachable stripe cuffs! Love it!
- Kudos to LEGO for their new collection featuring five NASA pioneers…who all just happen to be female! Check them out here, and hopefully this is just the beginning of more to come!
- I was just casually browsing Banana Republic the other day for work pants, when I stumbled upon the knockout maxi dress in a gingham print! Guh! Love it and would be so perfect for summer weddings or summer BBQs and everything in between!
- Love the song “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (one of my current favorite singers)…so naturally, I loved the classroom instrument version by The Roots and Jimmy Fallon and of course, Ed. That banana maraca!
- Scallops + eyelet + a variety of spring colors? Say no more…I’m ordering this pretty blouse!
ps. This “shirt” is a shirt dress tucked into a skirt. Pretty clever, huh? Gotta maximize that wardrobe!
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote (similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Target (exact)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact- in Berry)
- “Shirt”: Merona, Target (similar)
- Belt: Madewell (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (similar)
- Skirt: Charter Club, Macy’s (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (super similar)
Welcome back! I hope you all had a magical Christmas weekend and got every single thing that you wanted! And if you don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you at least get to enjoy a 3-day weekend with family and friends!
And if you didn’t get all that you wanted for Christmas, then check out these post-Christmas going on today! Treat yo’self, because you know I will!
Some notable sales:
- On Target item: Merona Gray Cable Knit Sweater (almost exact)
- Sunglasses: BP, Nordstrom (similar)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact – in Red Orange)
- Coat: Old Navy (similar options below)
- Necklace: Madewell (exact)
- Purse: vintage Coach (similar)
- Nail Polish: “Rock the Runway” (exact)
- Jeans: Loft (exact)
- Ankle Boots: dv for Target (exact)