No, this is not a pink blazer. And no, I’m not having a midlife crisis.
It’s a red blazer.
This red blazer…to be exact.
I can confidently vouch for its redness (and that after years of swearing off pink and pink clothing items of any kind, I am now NOT embracing them). I just wanted to let you know, just in case you thought things were changing over here. They’re not…there is still a semi-permanent pink ban on this blog and an undying devotion to the color red.
But if you had a pink blazer (or purple or blue or green or yellow or orange), you could wear it with a black blouse, a tweed skirt, and some black accessories and look bright and ready for spring!
And now after that dramatic clarification, we return you back to your regularly scheduled blog viewing of red and blue outfits with touches of neutrals. ;)
ps. Also, please excuse the wind and the eye squints, and thank your lucky stars that you don’t have to take style blog photos in the Midwest! ;) And if you do, I feel your pain and let’s go get some margaritas and commiserate!
- On Target item: Merona Black Heels (exact)
- Lip Color: c/o Anthropologie (exact)
- Necklace: Madewell (exact)
- Blouse: Merona, Target (similar)
- Blazer: The Limited (exact)
- Nail Color: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Purse: Merona, Target (super similar)
- Skirt: Loft (similar)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Working this Friday…and it’s the first Friday I’ve worked in a LONG time! Woe is me! ;)
- It was basically a windstorm when I took these photos. This actually happens to me more than you would think…which is why I sometimes refer to the city I live in as Windianapolis (not Indianapolis, as it is normally known). Clever, huh? ;)
- But don’t worry, I pushed through the wind and the chill to show you a classically Katie outfit: stripes, red/blue color combo, and ankle boots (with tassels!!).
- I also feel that, deep down, Jenna Lyons would be proud of my colors here. Red, navy, and camel with a pop (or pom-pom) of baby blue!
- I didn’t win the Powerball, guys. And now I have to break the news to Cooper that we can’t buy him a dumptruck full of tennis balls.
- This weekend is going to be another weekend full of football watching…aka where I sit in my favorite armchair for two days straight.
- But we are also celebrating a friend’s birthday with burgers and drinks on Saturday night, so I guess I might have to put on real people clothes and shower or something! ;)
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Waaaaaayyy too short of a weekend, guys! I feel like I blinked and it was gone! Hopefully, you all don’t feel the same way!
This weekend may have been short, but it was also fun! Saturday night we ended up driving to Fountain Square (a hipster-y neighborhood of Indianapolis) with another couple for Mexican food (at Revolucion – so-so review from this girl) and honey mead and games (New Day – amazing stop if you’re in Indy). We played an intense game of Skip-Bo, which I ended up losing to The Husband by ONE card! Does anyone else love this game?
Another combination of things that I love (besides games, tacos, and wine?) is chambray + stripes + typography clutch. Which is what you get to see today! Lucky ducky.
photo courtesy of Sarah (but really Alejandro, our waiter ;))
So you know how last week I mentioned that I was going to meet up with some local Indy fashion bloggers?
Well, it was a blast (and, yes, it is a week later, and I’m just now talking about…that happens here)! A completely delicious (thanks Delicia for your wonderful margaritas and guacamole) and hilarious night.
You know when you just click with people? It was like that, but times four (because that’s how many other ladies were there). We talked about the most random topics (example: benefits of living on the first or second floor of an apartment complex) and commiserated about taking blog photos in these freezing Midwest temperatures. I said last week how hard it is to make friends, and I’m delighted to start a friendship with these four lovely ladies!
So thanks Abby for organizing (and sharing our very fancy charcuterie plate, and thanks Sarah, Anne, and Cait for spending the evening with me!
First off, thank you all for your kind words from Friday’s post. The Husband and I both appreciate the love and support. It’s hard to share negative things on a blog, but life isn’t all about brunch, nice shoes, and styled looks, which is sometimes all you see on blogs. So thanks for sharing in my realness.
Secondly, the New Year’s Eve party we hosted went off pretty well! I mean any party with a cheese tray and buffalo chicken dip is a great party in my book, so we had that going for us at the beginning. It was a random assortment of people (some family, some friends from college, some new friends, etc.), but we all got along really well. Except for my cousin who made fun of Taylor Swift during her performance…he might not have survived the night! It was great ringing in the New Year with such great friends and family (and nice to have my brother see our house for the first time).
This is what I wore that night, but I subbed the heels for a pair of black flats with a gold capped toe (similar here), because you don’t have to wear heels if you’re in your own house, am I right?
- On Target item: Merona Boatneck Tee (exact)
- Hair Bow Pin: unknown (old; similar)
- Necklace: Target (old; similar)
- Coat: Merona, Target (exact – sold out online, but check at your local store!)
- Clutch: Madewell (gift from The Husband; similar)
- Tights: Gap (Fall 2014; similar 1, similar 2)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor (Winter 2013; similar options below)
- Heels: Merona, Target (exact)