Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I ordered these striped pants this weekend, because I thought they might be perfect for some non-boring work pants. I’ll keep you posted, but I’m worried that even in the talls, they might be too short for my giraffe legs!
- Blogger love of the week: Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about this look on Daphne. Blue + white + tulips…say no more! I’ll be recreating this here as soon as the weather can figure itself out over here!
- This might be the prettiest skirt in the history of skirts.
- J.Crew shows you how to style your denim the next time you are in a style rut!
- These striped ankle strap flats are the perfect spring/summer addition to anyone’s wardrobe!
- The last thing I need in my closet is another jacket/coat, but this one is such a fun shape, annnnnd it comes with detachable stripe cuffs! Love it!
- Kudos to LEGO for their new collection featuring five NASA pioneers…who all just happen to be female! Check them out here, and hopefully this is just the beginning of more to come!
- I was just casually browsing Banana Republic the other day for work pants, when I stumbled upon the knockout maxi dress in a gingham print! Guh! Love it and would be so perfect for summer weddings or summer BBQs and everything in between!
- Love the song “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (one of my current favorite singers)…so naturally, I loved the classroom instrument version by The Roots and Jimmy Fallon and of course, Ed. That banana maraca!
- Scallops + eyelet + a variety of spring colors? Say no more…I’m ordering this pretty blouse!
ps. This “shirt” is a shirt dress tucked into a skirt. Pretty clever, huh? Gotta maximize that wardrobe!
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote (similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Target (exact)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact- in Berry)
- “Shirt”: Merona, Target (similar)
- Belt: Madewell (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (similar)
- Skirt: Charter Club, Macy’s (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (super similar)
I mean what other cherry pun was I going to use for the title of the first post featuring this fun cherry graphic print dress?
No, but seriously…do you know any others that I should use in the future? Submissions are being accepted. Dad jokes accepted here. ;)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Yes, those are bugs on my coat. That I put there intentionally….and I love them! It’s the easiest way to spruce up your winter wool coat, when you’ve worn it for the 1,000th time!
- It’s Friday. It might hit 60 degrees here today…in January. I’m getting my hair cut this afternoon. And I’m trying to convince The Husband that we need burgers again tonight. Positive thoughts today, people…and hugs all around.
- And even though I said last week that La La Land was only pretty good...that hasn’t stopped me from listening to the soundtrack on Spotify (here) on super repeat. Love the original songs!
- And for those of you wondering what “super repeat” is, it’s when you play something over and over and over again until you drive your husband crazy. It’s definitely that.
- This weekend, we’re celebrating our niece’s second birthday! It’s hard to believe that she is already two, and I can’t wait to celebrate with her, Curious George, and The Husband’s family. Happy Birthday, S!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
I’ve now found my new favorite trick for turning all my summer dresses into winter dresses.
You know, besides moving to Florida/California where ALL summer dresses are also winter dresses!
My trick (which saves you on moving costs) is a simple turtleneck under a sleeveless or t-shirt dress! Presto, change-o!
You can try a solid color (try black or navy first) or add in some extra fun with a striped option. It adds some warmth without adding a ton of bulk and extends your closet options! It’s like a magic trick for those of us who choose/are forced to live in winter climates.
I love theme parties, so it’s no surprise that I’m alllllll about theme weeks here at Style On Target (ummm “Red, White, and Blue Week” anyone?).
So in case you too like themes, I thought it would be fun to continue those theme weeks here from time to time, and this time it’s in the form of an article of clothing that we all know and love.
The striped tee!
More specifically, these striped boatneck tees from Target. So for this week’s four outfits, I’ll be wearing the same stripe tee (though in different colors) to show you just how far a striped tee can go!
First up, this fall work look: ankle pants + stripe tee + comfy, cozy tie cardigan. It’s practically pajamas…but for work. Winning.
How far can your stripe tee go!?