Today’s fun highlights:
- I randomly used one of my “vacation” days for today. Do you ever just want to have a whole day to yourself? That’s pretty much what today is for…
- …I’ll also be sitting right on top of this wonderfully smelling candle (medium sized AND under $8, yes please)…
- …And eating lots of Graham Central Station ice cream (graham cracker ice cream with chocolate covered graham cracker pieces) from Handel’s courtesy of The Husband.
- The Husband is at a nerd convention all weekend long, which means I actually get the house to myself too! I’m going to miss him on Day 2 and 3, but I’ve already told him I am so excited to eat exactly what I want for dinner! It’s the little things, folks!
- We did spend our date night this week eating mussels and frites (aka french fries) at Brugge. I always forget how delicious that place is (and apparently they have amazing beer, according to The Husband), so definitely check it out if you’re in Indy!
- The rest of my weekend looks to be pretty relaxing and full of coffee and puppy snuggles, which is a fantastic combo in my book.
- And go ahead and add online shopping to that, because we all know I will!
- Weekend sales:
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Let’s take it back (way back) to last Sunday’s Indianapolis style blogger brunch at Rick’s Cafe Boatyard!
It was bound to happen…we had done all the other cliched blogger events: wine tasting, cake and coffee, and guacamole and chips, so we moved our way onto brunch (the champion of all meals) for our most recent gathering.
And let me tell you, these lovely ladies know how to brunch both in terms of dressing for it (an art really ;) – look at how cute we all look together!) and dining during it! We score outside tables on their huge wraparound patio that overlooks the marina, and it was a blast to have waterside seats and enjoy each other’s company! The only downside to the event? One of us discovered that Bloody Marys are not her drink of choice! Sorry Sarah!
I was pumped for the chance to dress “on theme” and wear my new rope belt from Land’s End! Nautical vibes forever, folks!
ps. Special thanks to Jaime and Kacie of Regally Soled for planning the brunch and to my three other counterparts (Sarah of Indy Dressed, Abby of Peck on the Chic, and Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life) for attending and reaping the benefits with me! ;)
- On Target item: Merona Nude Wedges (similar)
- Sunglasses: Mossimo, Target (exact)
- Bracelet: Forever21 (similar)
- Belt: Land’s End (exact)
- Purse: Forever21 (exact)
- Dress: Old Navy (exact)
Oh hey, super summer-y (yes I make up words) accessories! Thanks for making your entrance (finally) after such a dreary Midwest winter. There is nothing I love more than a good quirky print…and add to that a summer, nautical vibe, and you’re got me: hook, line, and sinker. These accessories are the perfect way to add a little bit of fun, nautical vibe to your wardrobe.
I mean, mini lobsters on a scarf and a picturesque sailboat regatta on my wallet? Yes, please. Are you on board too?!
- Merona Island Print Phone Case/Wallet
- Merona Sailboat Print Scarf
- Merona Sailboat Print Hard Case Wallet
- Merona Sailboat Print Wallet/Wristlet
- Merona Lobster Print Scarf
- Merona Starfish Hard Case Wallet
So you know a skirt works no matter work, when you can wear it off to the side (whoops), and it still looks this great. Target and JCPenney have been killing it lately, in my opinion (in the best way possible). I mean this nautical inspired rope skirt? Perfection. I have enough black and white skirts, but knew that I had to get this one as well last month.
I’m so glad that I did, because it pairs beautifully with this new aqua/mint colored sweater (I think it is more aqua in real life) to continue the preppy/nautical look (without stripes). I added in a dash of interest with a multicolored necklace that also features aqua/mint. How to get the look? Tie a long necklace in a knot at the end to give it a more substantial feel.
I felt a bit springy in this outfit, which is always a good thing in my book. Now, let’s set sail on the minty seas.
- On Target item: Merona Sweater (exact)
- Necklace: unknown, maybe Forever21? (similar)
- Skirt: Worthington, JCPenney (exact)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact)
- Ankle Boots: Mossimo, Target (Winter 2013; similar)