Fun fact: Winter never ends in Indiana. It’s a glorious snow globe of whirling snowflakes and bitter cold temperatures 12 out of 12 months. At least that’s what it feels like here the last few days. I thought there was going to be light at the end of the tunnel yesterday when it was 40 degrees (heat wave, friends), but alas, it plummeted to a high of 8 degrees here today. Sigh. So more layers, more pants, and no black items to be found!
On another note, I had a very nice weekend filled with love, laughter, and some tears at my bridal shower. Big thanks to everyone who reads this blog who came and showered me with love and raspberry bellinis! I did a ton of wedding planning on Sunday with a puppy snuggled up against me and designed some important invitations and our wedding program. We ended the night with a back-and-forth channel-surfing between the Pro Bowl (lame) and the Grammys (I love you Taylor Swift!).
How was your weekend?!
ps. Week 2 for me of Nicole at VV Boutique Style’s January Blackout Challenge! I realized I’m relying on navy to be my crutch during this challenge, so I am going to make an effort to work some other neutrals in this week! Want to join in on the fun?!
pps. I need some new dress pants. These are WAY too big.
Snowy and super windy Tuesdays call for a new favorite closet item (and tights…I didn’t forget them today, unlike last week – high five me)! This striped skirt from Target has been featured multiple times on this blog in non-outfit posts, and I finally got around to purchasing it and wearing it. It is probably the most comfortable skirt I own (super stretchy and super soft), and I’m obsessed with the navy and cobalt blue mixture.
I paired it with tights, loafer pumps, and a neutral sweater for a fairly simple look for work today, and I can think of many, many different ways to remix this skirt. I especially can’t wait to rock it on a summer weekend with a graphic tee and flats.
Still working on Nicole at VV Boutique Style’s January Blackout Challenge for the next two weeks. Today’s look successfully passes the test!
ps. Yes, my necklace has safari animals on it, and yes it is beyond awesome. Thank you!
pps. Don’t worry dear readers, my dad definitely made fun of me for my “dad joke” in yesterday’s post. He told me to keep my day job, which I reported to today. Thanks Dad!
- On Target item: Merona Skirt (exact)
- Sweater: Old Navy (exact)
- Necklace: thrifted (similar)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact – these are Xavier Navy)
- Pumps: St. John’s Bay, JCPenney (old; similar and these too)
I liked the set up of last week’s Friday post, so I might continue that on Fridays…because I’m lazy and love structure?
Today’s fun highlights:
- Einstein Bagels coffee this morning with The Fiance.
- Orange blazer in honor of Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
- Listening to Taylor Swift on repeat at work this morning.
- Lunch with the puppy.
- Chips and salsa.
- Striped shirts (seriously, go buy this shirt!)
- Weekend is here!
- Starbucks coffee run after work.
- Burgers and beer tonight for B’s fiance’s b-day!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- Endless phone calls at work.
- Spring’s not here.
Happy Friday everyone! I’ll be rooting for the Denver Broncos this weekend…and you should too. Down with the Patriots!
- On Target item: Merona Striped Boat Neck Tee (yes, I wore the navy version of this shirt last Friday…it’s the best!)
- Blazer: Merona, Target (last year; this year’s version)
- Necklace: Target (old; similar)
- Jeans: Old Navy (new pair after ripping the ones from last week!; exact)
- Shoes: Old Navy (exact)
More snow guys, and I was totally not prepared for it. I actually left the house this morning with no tights on. I have no idea what I was thinking…this is the middle of January after all. The running joke at work today was my bare legs and that I had to go home during lunch to change.
Jokes on all of them, though! These tights are the best sweater tights ever! Super warm and sleek (though they do attract dog hair). To be honest though, I like this outfit better with bare legs. So spring, get here soon.
ps. Yes, The Fiance called me “Snow Leopard” this morning. No, he’s not very creative with his nicknames ;).
- On Target item: Merona Sweatshirt (from Spring 2013; similar)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (old; similar)
- Necklace: Forever 21 + random chain to make it longer (old; similar)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact – I have on “Black Rib” but now want all the others too!)
- Ankle Boots: Old Navy (exact)
Dreary Tuesday here in Indiana, so what better way to brighten up the day with a colorful necklace from a European street market (Pisa, Italy to be exact) and a polka dot skirt from a major US retailer (cough Target cough)? There is something about polka dots that make me very happy. It could be their sporadic placement or the fact that they make even business wear seem fun. They’re probably my favorite pattern ever (or is it stripes…don’t make me choose)!
This skirt from Target is an “old” stand by. I think it was for sale in spring 2013. It looks way more expensive than it was, and I am obsessed with the Merona pencil skirts. They are super great quality for the price (usually lined and sturdy fabrics), which is just how I like my work wear.