Okay, so this isn’t exactly real “on trend” post, but what’s more trendy than a birthday? I mean they do come back in “style” year after year after year, right? ;)
A couple of loved ones and friends have asked me what I want for my birthday that is coming up, and I might also looking to treat myself to a present (everyone feel free to roll your eyes…), so here’s just a few things I’m loving lately for potential birthday presents and that you all might enjoy too! I ended up with less pattern pieces than expected, but I’m loving how everything looks like it would mix and match!
If your birthday was coming up…what would be on your wishlist? Let me know in the comments!
- J.Crew Tan Regent Blazer (I want this after seeing it on Krista here!)
- Merona Black Tote Purse (a classic piece…and I love my tan one!)
- J.Crew Blue/White Stripe Shirt
- Boden Denim Skirt
- H&M Brown Leather Espadrille Flats
- Tommy Hilfiger Black/White Gingham Crossbody Purse
- Merona Black Watch + Gold Long Circle Necklace
- J.Crew Green Field Mechanic Jacket (longer and perhaps warmer than the field utility jacket?)
1.) Have you check out the full Marrikeomo collection at Target yet? It launched today! Check it out here if you’re into PRINTS PRINTS PRINTS!
2.) If solids are more your jam, then read on for the week’s On Trend roundup! Chambray is a more chic version of denim, but just as wearable and versatile.
It’s denim-that’s-not-denim that you can wear to stay cool to beat the summer heat. Denim-that’s-not-denim you can wear to meet the parents and still look pulled together. Denim-that’s-not-denim you can wear beyond just a denim jacket and denim jeans.
So I’ve rounded up some of my current favorite chambray pieces to get you looking chambray chic!
On another note, this is actually the last On Trend/Sunday post here at Style On Target for a while. I need to cut out a post (to free up some more time in my life), and it is actually the most time consuming and least fun one for me to do, so it unfortunately gets the boot for now. The good news is that it may make a reappearance on Wednesdays in the future, when I tend to do non-outfit photo posts, so watch out for that if you enjoy this type of post!
Now onto that chic chambray collection! ;)
- Maison Jules Chambray Button Down Shirt
- Merona Chambray Tote Purse
- J.Crew Factory Chambray Shorts
- TOMS Chambray/Leather Sandals (obsessed with these!)
- Old Navy Chambray Dress
- J.Crew Factory Chambray Blazer
- Style & Co. Chambray Anorak Jacket
- Mossimo Supply Co. Chambray Polka Dot Sneakers
ps. Happy Birthday to my amazing brother who took me to Disney World this year, but didn’t buy me a BB-8 drink…who attempts a Guy Fieri impression every time he calls me on the phone, but doesn’t even come close to nailing it….who is incredibly smart and talented, but can’t zipline or zip a Zip-loc bag very well. Shall I go on? ;)
I definitely don’t “need” a new purse…my “collection” is probably out of control, but maybe you do?
Either way, I’ve rounded up eight of my favorite spring purses (or really anytime for most of them) for today’s On Trend post.
Check them out below, and if you get one, I’ll just have to live vicariously through you! ;)
- dv for Target Mint Green Top Handle Purse
- Merona Cream Metal Ring Purse (comes in brown too)
- Sole Society Black Tote Purse (looks just like this one from Madewell; comes in cognac brown and gray too)
- Merona Straw Tote (with the cutest tassel charm!)
- Moda Luxe Maroon/Burgundy Crossbody Purse (comes in black and brown too)
- Sole Society Navy/White Stripe Tote
- Sole Society Black Crossbody Purse
- Sole Society Cognac Bucket Bag Purse
“Florals? For spring? Ground breaking.”
Thanks for bringing me down a notch or two, Miranda (bonus points if you know that movie…and if you don’t, watch it)! But you can’t fight it any more…it’s spring here in the Midwest, and that means the daffodils and the tulips are blooming, and the floral prints are popping up in stores too.
So to keep you on trend (but apparently out of the pages of Runway magazine), I’ve rounded up eight fantastically floral pieces for you! So, bloom away!
- Merona Floral Print Heels (comes in other solids and prints)
- Express Floral Print Portofino Shirt (check out all the other prints here)
- Target Floral Statement Necklace
- Sam & Libby Floral Print Scarf
- Merona Blue Floral Print Weekender Bag
- City Chic Floral Print Skirt
- Mossimo Supply Co. Floral Print Ballet Flats
- Geneva Platinum Floral Print Watch
CUT. IT. OUT.
In true Joey Gladstone fashion.
Speaking of, has anyone watched the new Fuller House reboot on Amazon? I know I am like a million weeks behind, but I just can’t bring myself to do it! #dontruinmychildhood
But a cut that I can get behind? Cutouts.
Correction…subtle cutouts. Not the ones that show extreme amounts of skin in places that extreme amounts of skin probably shouldn’t be seen. But subtle cutouts (especially in shoes and accessories) are an easy way to add texture and interest to your look.
You got it, dude?
- Sole Society Black Cutout Heels
- Mossimo Tie Shirt Dress (comes in three other colors)
- Sole Society Lasercut Saddle Bag Purse (comes in cognac brown too)
- Liz Claiborne White Cutout Top
- Fossil Silver Belt and Fossil Cognac Belt
- Gabriella Rocha Black Cutout Tote Purse
- Target Strappy Open Ankle Boots (these come in black too)
- ASOS White Cutout Watch (perfect for spring!)