Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I just picked up this navy/white polka dot tee last week, and I’ll be wearing it forever. So classic and fun at the same time!
- Blogger love of the week: If you guys love travel and pretty pictures, you HAVE to check out Lauren’s blog (and frankly, her Instagram). She has the most gorgeous photos (the Iceland ones are killlllling me right now), and I might just have to stow away in her suitcase for her next trip!
- Old Navy is killing it in the scarf game lately, you guys. They have neck scarves, stripe scarves, and many many more! Check ’em out here!
- 32 of the most wholesome, feel-good things ever. All the awwwws.
- I don’t even like statement/tassel earrings that much…but I love these and might have them sitting in my online shopping cart right now!
- These shoes might not be appropriate for February in most states, but I’m betting they will sell out quickly, so pick up these ankle strap block heels (for under $40) while you can!
- We’re staying in Airbnbs this week while in Texas, and while they’re pretty cool…they’re definitely not as cool as these 55 Airbnbs that are out of this world.
- My gingham neck scarf is one of my favorite, and I’ve found a super similar one here (snag it the next time it goes on sale)!
- Oh man, I truly, truly love when companies make fun of themselves! Love this segment from Madewell and fictional stories about their models and clothes.
- I’m convinced that this dress was made for me…and everyone else that loves navy/red/white plaid.
You guuuuuuuuuys, Style On Target turned THREE at the beginning of the month!
I started this blog three years and one week ago (on Labor Day of all holidays), because I was bored and in search of a creative outlet, and I really wanted to be a part of the community that I had read from afar (the blogging world that is). Well, roughly 1,110 days later, I’m very rarely bored, constantly using my creative muscles, and completely in love with the community I’ve joined!
Thank you to everyone who has read a blog post (or especially, all of them…thanks Mom), left me a comment or note (I read them all even though I rarely respond), asked a question, or made a suggestion. I’ve learned so much from you all, and I can’t wait to keep learning and growing this blog for you guys.
ps. And instead of buying a very large cupcake this year, I treated myself to this gorgeous paisley skirt (LulaRoe, scored for $25 on Poshmark!) and some new/replacement ankle boots (not pictured, but here) for this very special occasion. I had done cupcakes the past two years, but the only thing better than cake is clothes that you love and will wear over and over again.
This month’s Style Soulmates look was inspired by my second favorite Indianapolis blogger (the first being me of course)!
Sarah from Sarah’s Real Life!
Sarah is hilarious, quick witted, and a ridiculously good print mixer. I have to say these things, mostly because she knows where I live, but also because they’re very true!
Proof? This outfit, which I stole from one of Sarah’s Instagram posts.
Stripes on top and a floral (for Sarah) / paisley (for me) skirt on the bottom. Her look works so well, because her patterns feature the same color of blue, and mine works because of the use of neutrals and matching accessories. So if you’re looking to recreate this look, just grab your classic stripe button down and a printed skirt!
So thanks for making a summer work outfit super easy, Sarah, by letting me steal this look (now let’s go grab guacamole again soon)!
Do you guys garden? I can’t. I kill everything green that crosses my path (minus this one succulent that I grew forever). I definitely, DEFINITELY have a black thumb. My mom on the other hand does not.
So, I was talking to my younger (and only) brother, R, on the phone Saturday evening, and I was telling him how The Husband had spent the whole day doing yardwork and that I planted some tomato and strawberry plants in containers for our front porch. He didn’t let me even finish telling him about it and blurts out, “Katie, you idiot! Don’t you know that you’re not suppose to plant things until after Mother’s Day.” He also went on to tell me that it was “the most important piece of advice” that our mom has given him.
Now mind you, this kid is newly 26-years-old. He’s never planted anything in his life nor does he ever worry about frost, because up until last month, he’s lived in California for his entire post-graduation life.
I could not stop laughing that this was “the most important piece of advice” that he has retained from our mom. So it got me thinking about what was my most important that I have learned from my mom, and even though she’s taught me a ton (like everything I know about gardening, sewing, etc.), I think my favorite advice is “Don’t worry about what others think of you.” Especially when you decide to wear paisley and stripes together! ;)
What other “Mom-isms” do you all adhere to?
Shortest post ever to thank everyone for the moving well wishes. It went beyond well, and we’re fully moved into our new place. Special shout out to both my and The Husband’s parents for being such amazing help!
We’re currently in the stage of unpacking box after box, but we are probably 60% done…and then I get to DECORATE (it’s the little things).
How was your weekend?!