Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I ordered these striped pants this weekend, because I thought they might be perfect for some non-boring work pants. I’ll keep you posted, but I’m worried that even in the talls, they might be too short for my giraffe legs!
- Blogger love of the week: Obsessed doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about this look on Daphne. Blue + white + tulips…say no more! I’ll be recreating this here as soon as the weather can figure itself out over here!
- This might be the prettiest skirt in the history of skirts.
- J.Crew shows you how to style your denim the next time you are in a style rut!
- These striped ankle strap flats are the perfect spring/summer addition to anyone’s wardrobe!
- The last thing I need in my closet is another jacket/coat, but this one is such a fun shape, annnnnd it comes with detachable stripe cuffs! Love it!
- Kudos to LEGO for their new collection featuring five NASA pioneers…who all just happen to be female! Check them out here, and hopefully this is just the beginning of more to come!
- I was just casually browsing Banana Republic the other day for work pants, when I stumbled upon the knockout maxi dress in a gingham print! Guh! Love it and would be so perfect for summer weddings or summer BBQs and everything in between!
- Love the song “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (one of my current favorite singers)…so naturally, I loved the classroom instrument version by The Roots and Jimmy Fallon and of course, Ed. That banana maraca!
- Scallops + eyelet + a variety of spring colors? Say no more…I’m ordering this pretty blouse!
ps. This “shirt” is a shirt dress tucked into a skirt. Pretty clever, huh? Gotta maximize that wardrobe!
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote (similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Target (exact)
- Lip Color: Sonia Kashuk (exact- in Berry)
- “Shirt”: Merona, Target (similar)
- Belt: Madewell (exact)
- Watch: Merona, Target (similar)
- Skirt: Charter Club, Macy’s (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (super similar)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Guys, I can’t believe that February is almost over! Where. Did. The. Month. Go?
- Nothing like an aqua sweater to brighten up your Friday, right? I had planned on just naming this blog post Aqua, but then I didn’t want you internet searchers to get confused. This blog is about style on a budget…not a one-hit wonder band (even though that song is preeeetty catchy).
- We almost went to Dave & Busters on Wednesday, and then decided it was too cold, so we snuggled up and watched some reruns of Modern Family. I always forget how great that show is. We had multiple laugh out loud moments!
- Thursday nights are The Husband and I’s “date nights,” and last night, I conned him (after beer and appetizers) into going to this adorable new place in Indy. It’s called The Cake Bake Shop, and it’s a magical, beautiful place filled with treats and coffee. The other Indy style bloggers had told me about it at our last meetup (they actually tell me about everything…they’re the coolest). Here’s a peek of the inside of the shop, but how gorgeous is this place?
- I really don’t have anything major planned this weekend, which is strange, but welcomed! I kind of have an itch to bake some more things. I had a huge craving for my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies on Sunday, so I whipped some up, and now I’m wanting to try some new recipes, so we’ll see if I stumble upon anything great to share!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- Work today…with a four hour meeting/seminar/training session to boot! Ahh!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Hope you all had a lovely weekend! I spent mine in New Orleans stuffing my face with etouffee and beignets and trying to walk it all off before the cruise started! (Oh and obsessing over the ending of the Super Bowl…holy cats!)
I showcased my winter essentials in this post last month, but I feel like that post left a lot of color out. I think color is super important in outfits, but especially in winter, when a little burst of color can make a big difference in your mood.
Take this hat for example…I have COUNTLESS pom-pom beanies, but I still had to have this one, because you have no idea how much joy I get from wearing this sunshine yellow beanie.
And that little pep in my step is sometimes needed to push me out the door into the winter tundra of Indiana.