Let’s talk about this skirt for a second (you don’t mind, right)? It’s thick (material that is), a little poof-y, a little funky, and just the right amount of leg showing for a date night. It’s also weirdly versatile (watch out for some more ways to style it during Skirt Week)!
Take this date night look: black fitted tee, my favorite minimal black crossbody bag, a red lip, and fun blue shoes. This look is one of the most simple ways to wear this skirt (white tee would also work well here) and still one of the classiest.
Bonus fun fact: these were actually my wedding shoes, and I thrifted them for $8!
ps. Reminder for Skirt Week Link Up next week! Get those ankles out ;)
No, that was not a typo in the title of this post. This weekend bridged the gap between spring and summer for me, plus I did convince The Husband into having brunch this weekend, so I’ve coined a new word: sprummer. Definition: the time period where spring feels like summer and all you do is eat ice cream for lunch. Which is exactly what happened this weekend.
Other sprummer plans: bike rides, dog walks, dining al fresco, trips to the farmer’s market, etc. What are you planning on doing with your sprummer?!
ps. I bought this hat and this skirt this weekend…and had to wear them IMMEDIATELY! That’s how great they are.
pps. If you liked my polka dot crossbody from last week (which A LOT of you did), this one is almost identical (and $20)!
Happy Memorial Day to you all! I hope you’re wearing my favorite color combination (red, white, and blue of course), enjoying the day off (if you have it), and spending some time with family and friends. I’d also like to thank our past, present, and future military members for all that they do!
Now off to enjoy some grilling!
Remember this wall from Instagram (here)? I finally got the photos from a pre-brunch shoot LAST Friday up on the blog (yes, I’m now running a bit behind), but that’s okay. I’m loving the shots I’m getting lately, and love that you all appreciate the change in scenery! So thanks so much for the love!
Today’s fun highlights:
- Taco date night last night topped off with Nicey pops (here)
- Off of work for 3 days!
- Gateway to summer and summer fun
- Longest lasting days ever
- Perfect weather all weekend long (or so it says)
- Fingers crossed for a bike ride with The Husband tonight!
- Scoring this tee for $6 in stores!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- Waking up before the alarm, ick.
Happy weekend, friends!
Just stopping to smell the
roses hydrangeas growing all over our area right now. Aren’t they gorgeous!? I felt super chic in this outfit, and per usual, it is the touch of accessories (including my favorite Merona tote) that makes me feel that way. I mean a black lace tee and green pants can only take you so far, but accessories…next level stuff.
Statement necklace? Check. Open toe booties? Check. Cognac colored tote? Check.
- On Target item: Gold/Green Statement Necklace (exact – comes in gold/pink too)
- Lace Top: J.Crew (thrifted, similar 1 (like almost exact), similar 2)
- Pants: Old Navy (exact – LOVE them especially b/c they come in talls!)
- Purse/Tote: Merona, Target (exact – see my review here)
- Shoes: Candies, Kohl’s (present from The Husband; exact, similar 1, similar 2)