Let’s talk about how this is a pretty simple outfit for work that almost anyone can pull off: skirt + patterned sweater + heels. A-line skirts flatter almost everyone, and the addition of the penny loafer heels keep it business casual and appropriate for nearly any office. The kicker for me in this outfit is the pattern of the sweater: a fun geometric print that’s not too busy AND is in my absolutely favorite color combinations (red and blue)!
We CAN also talk about how I went to ModCloth to look for some similar red/blue print sweaters, and I wanted to order everything and anything there. Specifically, this bag (I mean how perfect are those stripes!) and every single dress there…okay maybe not the pink ones.
Have you ever bought anything from ModCloth?! Any feedback?
ps. Apparently, Birkenstock-style sandals are ahit or miss trend. Some of you love them…and some of you hate them. Join the debate (check out yesterday’s post)!
- On Target item: Merona Sweater (Fall/Winter 2013; similar 1, similar 2)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (Fall 2013; similar 1, similar 2, similar 3)
- Necklace: Forever21, I think? (old; similar 1; similar 2; similar 3)
- Purse/Tote: Merona, Target (exact – see my review here)
- Heels: St. John’s Bay, JCPenney (old; similar 1 and similar 2)