Hope you all had a great Fourth of July weekend full of fireworks, hot dogs, and fun times!
I spent the weekend in this very outfit hanging out with my family, The Husband, and Cooper (our dog) at my parents’ house. I ate waaaaay too much (mostly of my mom’s all-star caprese salad) and talked about Inside Out waaaay too much (so good…go see it right NOW).
What I also did waaaay too much of? Weeding on Sunday. Does anyone hate this task as much as I do? I love being outside, but uggh. It’s practically un-American. So next Fourth of July, I do solemnly swear to not weed or do any yardwork, and instead, I’ll eat flag cake (thanks Ina!).
What is your favorite Fourth of July/summer BBQ treat?
ps. Mad thanks to Jessica, my hairstylist, for giving me these flatiron curls! She’s a rockstar if anyone needs a referral!
- On Target item: Mossimo Supply Co. Red Sneakers (exact)
- Sunglasses: Gap Outlet (similar)
- Jean Jacket: Tommy Hilfiger (exact)
- Lace Tank: Loft (similar)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; similar)
- Shorts: Loft (exact)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- A little late, but better than never, I am over the moon with joy about the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on marriage equality (and I don’t care who knows it)! I also loved all the “big brands” celebrating it on social media. Check out 32 of the best ones out there, and enjoy an extra dose of love today, will you?!
- Guh! All the emoji hearts for this dress. It’s the perfect summer dress: breezy, sleeveless, and remixable. I’m thinking about ordering it!
- Blogger love of the week: Loving this “sea bird” look on Rebecca from The Clothes Horse, and now I want to go to northern Ireland and buy a bunch of gingham headbands. #typical
- This cardigan comes in a bunch of great shades, but I love the styling of the “gray cloud print” one. Yes, please!
- I loved this article on why work (and a six-figure salary) aren’t everything, and I wish more of society would realize it!
- Be sure to check out the summer clearance sale going on at Nordstrom this week. I want this dress (blue and white forever) and this necklace (under $10!), please!
- The science behind wearing high heels…inspired by Jurassic Park! (Spoiler alert: it makes me want to reach for flats more often)
- I love this chevron/stripe dress because it looks like a tank and skirt combo, and I think it would be very versatile while still being just one piece to think about!
- Emma Watson is Taylor Swift’s newest best friend, and I absolutely need to be invited into the club right now.
- Rainbow plaid might be the prettiest way to describe a shirt ever. Kudos, Macy’s!
When Anne posted her winter capsule, she had this vest and this sweater pretty close to each other, and it inspired me to pair them together for an outfit. I wore this on our Saturday morning walk with Cooper to get coffee and some delicious scones (hello chocolate chip) from our favorite local coffee shop.
This sweater is the perfect blend of chic and comfort (and it is beyond cozy and soft), so I’d highly recommend picking it up while it is still available!
Also, how ridiculously cute is that last shot of Cooper that The Husband snapped? I might be a bit biased.
*Puppy is one of a kind and not for sale! ;)