No, I didn’t wear this outfit to conquer the Indiana Dunes this weekend, and yes, I’ll hopefully have more about my fun and exhausting (we hiked sand hills for over 7 miles in one day) trip later this week.
But first things, first. Monday….blech.
And Mondays can only be made better by throwing caution to the wind and mixing black and navy together (with a dash of red).
So throw on that navy gingham, and let’s jam!
Today’s fun highlights:
- This scarf…was the best scarf purchase in all of 2015! So versatile!
- There are few things better than patio dining in the spring sunshine! That’s exactly what we did last night: appetizers, drinks, and fresh air.
- Tonight, we’re just chilling after a long week! I’m so glad the weekend is finally here! One of the longest weeks ever! It didn’t help that The Husband and I both had colds and it was weirdly in the high 80s here.
- This weekend, I’m finally getting to see my parents after what seems like ages. The Husband and I are headed up to see them for Mother’s Day! So fair warning to them, get ready to have your ear talked off!
- Weekend sales:
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- It’s suppose to rain all weekend here. Anyone have any good indoor activities? We might try to see a movie in theaters (which we haven’t done in forever)!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Stripes and pom poms together on a scarf? Yes, please!
- Blogger love of the week: I recently stumbled upon Jessica’s blog (The Steele Maiden) after obsessing over a skirt she was wearing in an Instagram post, and while I couldn’t track down the skirt, I did fall in love this springy dress post.
- This color blocked bucket bag is calling my name (“Kaaatie!”).
- This writer quit her job and moved to the Virgin Islands on a whim. I can get on board with this idea most of them time (but I’d miss my parents, and I’d have to bring Coopy).
- If you haven’t seen Kate Spade’s second ad with Anna Kendrick, click here (starts slow, but definitely gets good). I’m not ashamed to say, I want that flamingo swimsuit!
- I love a good tassel necklace, and this one is a gem. Pun intended!
- Every photo of the new royal baby! I’m obsessed with Kate Middleton and her style, so it’s okay that I’m a bit obsessed with a not-even-a-week-old baby, right? Riiiight?
- My bestie, B, knows my undying love of guacamole, so she sent me the link to this hilarious shirt. Guac girls unite! Also, Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- I grew up watching the Today show in the morning with my mom, and I loved the Vogue question videos, so when this one popped up with Matt Lauer, I had to watch it!
- How is this block initial a lamp, and how do I not already own it? Want!
My secret to style is really just wear what you want (as long as it fits) and 95% of the time, you’ll be happy when you look in the mirror. Style comes from confidence and confidence comes from being truly happy and secure in who you are.
Yes, I just made that up, but I think it works!
And if that doesn’t work for you, then the real key is to put on the two softest things that you own (hey, comfort is sometimes key!) – like this shirt and my new scarf – and slip your feet into some leopard print heels. Always have a backup plan, I guess?!
ps. That last photo is my judging face. That’s what you’ll get if you tell me you don’t like soft cuddly scarves. You’ve been warned. ;)
- On Target item: Mossimo Ultrasoft Sweater (similar)
- Scarf: Accessory Concierge (exact – use code “epfreeship” for free shipping courtesy of Jean!)
- Sunglasses: Loft (sold out online; similar)
- Purse: Merona, Target (similar styles)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact)
- Heels: Merona, Target (super old; similar options below)
Today’s fun highlights:
- A day early, but Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! I meant what I said on Wednesday, tomorrow is a day of love, but that doesn’t always have to be for your significant other. Hugs and hearts to you all!
- I had my own Galentine’s Day celebration (click here if you don’t know about that holiday!) on Tuesday with the Indy style bloggers group, and we had another round of awesome food (thanks Tastings), half-priced wine, and hilarious conversation. Brooke and I became fast friends and shared the BEST goat cheese and fig flatbread pizza.
- I wore the above outfit and tried to get Sarah to be my skirt twin the night before, but alas, she went with a cuter outfit! However, I don’t think she won this skirt from The Husband after he lost a bet. Want a pro tip? Never bet against me in regards to how long it takes to get somewhere… ;)
- Now if he only would lose another bet, so I can get this skirt (see a try on here on Instagram)!
- I’m pumped for this weekend, because I get to spend all day Saturday with The Husband, and we’re getting tacos! And Sunday, we’re visiting my favorite college town (aka Bloomington, IN)!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- I don’t know about you all (or if it was just me coming off a vacation week), but this work week was endless. Hooray weekend!
- Will winter ever go away?!
Happy weekend, friends (but beware, it is Friday the 13th)! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Merona Eyelet Sweatshirt (Spring 2014; similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Amazon (exact or a more chic heart option)
- Necklace: Target (exact)
- Purse: Cambridge Satchel (via Poshmark; exact)
- Skirt: Loft (exact)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact – and on sale!)
- Ankle Boots: Loft (Fall 2014; similar)