Today’s fun highlights:
- A day early, but Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! I meant what I said on Wednesday, tomorrow is a day of love, but that doesn’t always have to be for your significant other. Hugs and hearts to you all!
- I had my own Galentine’s Day celebration (click here if you don’t know about that holiday!) on Tuesday with the Indy style bloggers group, and we had another round of awesome food (thanks Tastings), half-priced wine, and hilarious conversation. Brooke and I became fast friends and shared the BEST goat cheese and fig flatbread pizza.
- I wore the above outfit and tried to get Sarah to be my skirt twin the night before, but alas, she went with a cuter outfit! However, I don’t think she won this skirt from The Husband after he lost a bet. Want a pro tip? Never bet against me in regards to how long it takes to get somewhere… ;)
- Now if he only would lose another bet, so I can get this skirt (see a try on here on Instagram)!
- I’m pumped for this weekend, because I get to spend all day Saturday with The Husband, and we’re getting tacos! And Sunday, we’re visiting my favorite college town (aka Bloomington, IN)!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- I don’t know about you all (or if it was just me coming off a vacation week), but this work week was endless. Hooray weekend!
- Will winter ever go away?!
Happy weekend, friends (but beware, it is Friday the 13th)! What are you up to?
- On Target item: Merona Eyelet Sweatshirt (Spring 2014; similar options below)
- Sunglasses: Amazon (exact or a more chic heart option)
- Necklace: Target (exact)
- Purse: Cambridge Satchel (via Poshmark; exact)
- Skirt: Loft (exact)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact – and on sale!)
- Ankle Boots: Loft (Fall 2014; similar)
So Fall Capsule #1 has officially started. Join me on this fun remixing challenge (and hopefully lifestyle change) for the next 90+ days (I think I’m officially going through Christmas).
The final capsule will be posted tomorrow, because I’m still working on a few items (procrastination at its finest). However, I can guarantee these three items (top + skirt + red heels) will be in it. I had initially wanted to include a plain black skirt (mine option was more “summery”), but then found this one when going through my closet and decided it hadn’t gotten any wear on the blog (and minimal wear in real life), so in it went!
Keep reading for the next 90 days for 60+ mixed and matched outfit combinations!
Ps. My sister-in-law is having a girl (those of you left wondering from this post)! Yay for nieces!
Pps. I’m wearing blue for the Colts game today. Our mayor here in Indy officially declared it Blue Monday for the game tonight. I’d be a terrible Indianapolis style blogger if I didn’t follow that rule! ;)
- On Target item: Merona Red and Navy Stripe 3/4 Sleeve Tee (exact – 3 other color combos)
- Sunglasses: Gap Outlet (almost exact)
- Necklace: Target (exact)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor (Winter 2013; similar options below)
- Purse: vintage Coach (thrifted; exact current bag; super similar for less!)
- Shoes: Merona Target (Winter 2013; similar)
Please tell me that you guys have heard Taylor Swift’s new song (if not, click here)? After Monday’s post (here), it’s not a surprise to you that I’ve listen to it maybe 100,000 times.
I listened to it maybe 20,000 times before The Husband said enough was enough, so then I got headphones. Tricky Trickster right here.
I’ve probably worn this dress about as many times I have listen to the new song, but this is the first time it’s appeared on the blog. Fail me. But now you get to see it! Congrats!
So good news/bad news situation here on a Monday. The bad news: I got (fake) Birks. The good news? I got (fake) Birks and love them. I lived in them pretty much all weekend at the lake (had a blast by the way).
I love the vibe (casual, obviously) that they bring to any outfit. Sleeveless shirt? Class it down a bit with Birks and a casual bag. Striped tee dress? Take it down a notch with some Birks.
I’m obsessed, so watch out friends! But be honest, do you love them or hate them?
- On Target item: Merona Black Sleeveless Blouse (exact – I own it in black and white…and you should too!)
- Sunglasses: Target (Summer 2014 – SUPER similar)
- Purse: Mossimo, Target (exact – $11.54)
- Belt: Mossimo Supply Co., Target (old; similar 1, similar 2)
- Shorts: Old Navy (Summer 2013 – see ikat short options below!)
- Birks: Topshop (exact)
I don’t have a ton of purple in my wardrobe, so when I saw this skirt on Loft’s website, I knew it would be a useful piece in my closet (since I have nothing like it)!
It’s such a fun and flirty skirt, so I thought it would look great paired up with the pineapple buttondown that everyone on Instagram owns! I added the pompom belt that’s been on repeat since I got it (forgot to add it to July’s budget!) for an additional fun feel.
How do you feel about purple? It was my high school’s main color (go Lions!), so I think that’s what made me shy away from it (since I was in purple all the time for school teams/organizations).