Today’s fun highlights:
- Regular Friday off from work!
- Snow is melting!
- Lunch with my parents and brother!
- Shopping at my favorite thrift store!
- Awesome reversible fur vest that I bought at said thrift store (will make its blog debut soon)!
- Double Starbucks day!
- Picking up my wedding dress from the tailor and having that “magical moment”!
- Wearing my favorite striped shirt from Target!
- Dinner date tonight with The Fiance!
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- I ripped these comfy jeggings right after these photos were taken…because I am the biggest klutz in the world. More excuse to go shopping, right?
Happy Friday everyone! You made it through the first full week after the holidays! Enjoy your weekend, friends!
- On Target item: Merona Striped Boat Neck Tee (on sale this week!)
- Cardigan: Old Navy (exact)
- Necklace: Forever 21 (old)
- Jeans: Old Navy (old; similar)
- Shoes: Old Navy (exact)
Hooray! I made it to the weekend. Do you ever just have those weeks that make you feel like you won’t make it until Friday at quitting time? That was this week for me, which is the reason for this comfy combination of “the warmest cardigan I own” and jeans and a tee. I blame all the holiday time off (which I wouldn’t trade for the world, by the way). Here’s to next week and getting back on my normal schedule at work (and therefore life).
The trick to this necklace, which is actually shorter in real life? I fold a cheap chain necklace in half, looped it through the connectors, and presto, extra long necklace! Maybe I’ll do a tutorial on that this weekend?
This weekend’s plans besides potential necklace tutorial: chicken pitas, tons of NFL football playoff games (go Colts), Sunday brunch with The Fiance (a new tradition that I love), coffee, puppy snuggles, and seeing my dad.
What are you up to this weekend?
- On Target item: Merona Cardigan (exact no longer online; similar and here and here)
- Tee: Mossimo Supply, Target (old; similar)
- Necklace: Forever 21 + random chain to make it longer (old; similar)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact)
- Shoes: Mossimo, Target (exact)
Outfit Inspiration from: Ann Taylor Loft online look book
*Copycat! is a feature where I try to recreate outfits I find on Pinterest (or various other sources of inspiration), utilizing at least one item from Target.
This is my second round of Copycat!, and I am loving actually using my millions of pins! This inspiration came from Ann Taylor Loft, whose clothes I love and enjoy wearing. This skirt was a dream find when I got it. In my size. 50% off? I’ll take two (I actually did…watch out for the navy one to make an appearance someday!).
I think it worked well. I was worried about wearing a white tee, so I switched it to gray. It seemed a little flight attendent style, so I tied the scarf in a knot at the bottom and added a brooch for some sparkle. I do love her boots more than mine. I’ve not been impressed with my tall boots lately and might have to look into some nicer upgrades!
What do you think of my second Copycat!? Did I nail it or what?!
- On Target item: Merona Oxford Blazer (navy – recent)
- Tee: Merona, Target (same style)
- Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (got in October 2013)
- Scarf: gift from future sister-in-law!
- Brooch: probably stolen from my mom
- Boots: Macys, old
Growing out bangs is real hard. Like, so hard. Any tips?
Going back to work today was nice because we had a jeans day (which are somewhat random in our office, like on a Wednesday, but not this Friday?). So even though I was coming off a day off, I still had a pep in my step, since I got to wear my awesome Target jeans…again.
This blazer is recent from Gap, and it is honestly one of my greatest finds there. It is ponte material, but lined inside and really heavy/sturdy. The sleeves are long enough for my 5’9″ eagle arm length, because I bought it in a tall size 6, which someone had returned from online, because they never have talls in stores (huge thank you to that person)!
I kept the rest of the outfit pretty simple with some Target basics, since this blazer is kind of loud, and I really liked the look.
- On Target item: Mossimo Tee, (mine is grey without a pocket)
- Blazer: Gap (recent in stores)
- Denizen Jeans, (got mine in August, in stores)
- Shoes: Mossimo, Target (old)
Short hiatus from the blog, but I have been inspired to start again by my two best friends. Nothing like friends around to encourage you to pursue your interests right?
Speaking of best friends, one of mine, B, is getting married in July 2014, and I was given the honor to go wedding dress shopping with her today. It was a lot of fun to hang out with her, her mom, her sister, and another bestie, and watch her try on dresses for the first time! She didn’t say yes to one today, but it is just a matter of time until she does! The above outfit is what I wore. I wanted something that was “smart casual” – a term I think I made up – that showed I deserved to belong in this fancy bridal shop. It turns out, I ended up leading the group to the fitting room and carried several dresses back to the fitting room…like I owned the place. So I guess the outfit worked?
Plus, I wore the jacket closed (it doesn’t have a button/closure) with my new ladybug brooch. So winning.
What would you wear to a dress fitting for a friend?
- On Target item: Denizen Jeans, (just got mine in August, in stores)
- Tee: Merona, Target (exact)
- Blazer: DressBarn (similar)
- Brooch: Old Navy (bought in October, in stores; similar)
- Shoes: thirfted