What do you do when your mother nicely hems a dress for you? You promptly manage to not featured it on the blog foooorrrr…I don’t know…maybe 8 months? #whoops
But look Mom, I’m wearing it now! ;)
This beautiful olive green dress used to be this maxi dress (last seen here). Though I loved the way it looked as a maxi dress (so Grecian, right?), I knew I would wear it much, much more once it was safely above my knees.
Because while these giraffe legs are great and all, they make lots of things difficult. Like walking (in general), but specifically walking while constricted by the fabric length of a beautiful maxi dress.
So Mom, olive you a lot for hemming this dress and saving me from myself/legs. Oh, and for about a billion other more important reasons and things. <3
ps. These Old Navy d’orsay pumps look like a million bucks and are super affordable (they do run big though, as a warning)!
Today’s fun highlights:
- I don’t know about you guys, but I’m beyond stuffed today after eating too much and watching a ton of football with my family. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
- We also ran in our local pre-Thanksgiving charity run (the Drumstick Dash) yesterday morning before heading to my parents, and it was the most perfect weather for a fun run with proceeds going to one of my favorite local organizations! The Husband and I have had a 4-year strong tradition of alternating between this race and volunteering to pack Thanksgiving meals for individuals in need. Perfect way to start the day of thanks!
- And since it is now the Day After Thanksgiving, I’ll be taking frequent breaks from my schedule of walking (off all those mashed potatoes) and napping to enjoy some online shopping! Is anyone braving the crowds today? Godspeed, and you are seriously braver than me! I’ve been one or two times, and I’m too impatient that I can barely manage the parking lot!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- What do you do when you want to order ALL of the silk scarves? Find ones that are only $14 and come in 7 different patterns (the mushrooms, you guys!).
- Blogger love of the week: Can you get any more fall-perfect than Holly’s cozy plaid look?! I think not. That poncho!
- This bucket bag in navy (or black or maroon) might have to be one of my five items purchased next month! So chic and affordable!
- You really can’t beat a cozy turtleneck sweater on a cold winter day, so here’s how to style a turtleneck 8 different ways!
- If I had to wear a look all winter long, I might choose this print mixing outfit (but I’d swap out the shoes for ankle boots)!
- Star patterned sweaters are having a moment (see here), but I love this affordable option here. Patriotic to a fault, folks (even now).
- If you need a little sparkle in your step for all the holiday events you are attending this year, might I recommend these beauties?
- And if you need some soothing websites to visit after last week’s news (or any other time that you might be having a crappy day), check out Buzzfeed’s list of soothing websites. Spoiler alert: the giraffe game is the CUTEST!
- I loved this heartwarming dinner table ritual, and hope to enact it now and remember it in 5-10 years when I have kids!
- This winter wrap coat is stunnnning, comes in three colors, and is under $100. Buy it, before I buy them all! ;)
- Bonus: Obsessed with this song from the Hamilton remix album. Sia forever.