Sometimes on this blog, I think that I’m fairly creative with my looks. You know, stuff that we all might not think of instantly when walking into our closets. Recent examples: here and here.
And other times? I blatantly steal…from myself.
That’s exactly what today’s look is all about, and it’s not even like I waited that long. This look is a direct ripoff of this one…from a mere two weeks ago! Who knew a great white tee and cream blazer could do so much work?!
Because even if I’m not inspirational to anyone else’s style…at least I know who my number one fan (besides my mom and dad) is…me, myself, and I. ;)
ps. On a serious note, I’m sending lots of love and light to the people of Orlando, the LGBT community, and America as a whole. There aren’t enough words to describe how I feel about the whole thing, but these will have to do for now: More love. Less hate.
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- A gingham blazer (that’s not from J.Crew AND goes on sale every other day)? Yes, please!
- Blogger love of the week: When Kimberly does a post for Old Navy, I pin all her pictures and stop and buy ALL the things that she features. She truly is the master of affordable fashion!
- This workout tank just gets me (#margsforlife)!
- Now that I’m done with the Whole30, I’m on a mission to find out the most PERFECT chocolate chip cookie (my favorite), and this list may have narrowed it down to the top 10 recipes for me to try out! Yum!
- The perfect neutral heeled sandal to take you from work to summer nights out!
- Reason number #179 that I love Tommy Hilfiger: this striped collared tie blouse!
- The 90s are most definitely making a comeback, and while I’m not excited for 90s style to return (pass on chokers 2.0)…I am excited for the 90s Bath & Body Works scents to return! Flashback to middle school, you all!
- Another day, another gingham dress that I love. And bonus? This one is under $70!
- This short film won 59 awards, got the filmmakers jobs at Disney and Pixar, has a great message, AND is about a cute puppy! So that definitely means it is worth four minutes of your time!
- Love these dressy striped red/tan/blue shorts! Great with a white tee and statement necklace or with a light navy sweater and espadrilles! Or if shorts aren’t your thing…try this dress in the same print!
ps. Sorry for the 10 million photos of my outfit today! This was probably my favorite outfit (and all Target items!) and set of photos recently, so it was hard to choose which ones to eliminate.
pps. Trust me, that does not happen every day! It’s usually like “which one has the least amount of hair in my face” or “which one am I making the most normal-ish face in…does that count as a smile”?! #bloggerproblems ;)
Today’s fun highlights:
- Today is our last full day of vacation! We’re leaving Utah tomorrow, and though I’ve enjoyed all this time with my brother (and The Husband)…I can’t wait to be back to my own bed and see The Puppy!
- Two Madewell post titles this week…on a blog that it is suppose to be focused on Target? #sorrynotsorry The good news is that this dress from Old Navy is super affordable and probably the BEST Madewell dupe that I’ve seen! Grab it if you can!
- I dressed it up a bit for this outfit, but you could easily style it multiple ways for multiple events/environments. Plus, I think it will be great for those super hot and humid Indiana summer days!
- I get to have my cake (and eat it too) with Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life this weekend! I think we’ve been planning this for several months, mainly because I couldn’t eat cake for a month, but it is happening! #indybloggersforlife
- Any volunteers on who wants to go back to work for me on Monday? ;)
- No weekend sales from me this week, guys, since I’m in Utah still! I’ll see you back next week with some sales and deals!
Happy weekend, friends! What are you up to?
Man, oh man. I am so glad that this silk scarf trend is here…and hopefully here to stay!
I’ve been rocking them with everything lately (see here and here for examples), and can you imagine how sad and lonely this outfit would be without this scarf? But take you regular boring work apparel and pop on a colorful silk scarf, and you’ve got a winner of an outfit!
And the best part? This outfit base would work well with a multitude of scarves! I’ve rounded up 12 of my favorites below, and they’re all under $50! Check them out!
So are you jumping on the silk scarf bandwagon?
- On Target item: Merona Cognac Tote Purse (almost exact)
- Lip Color: c/o Anthropologie (exact)
- Scarf: vintage from my mom (similar)
- Sweater: Old Navy (similar)
- Watch: Xhilaration, Target (exact)
- Nail Color: “Scarlet Starlet” (exact)
- Pants: Loft (similar)
- Loafers: Land’s End (exact)