Another trip, another packing guide for you guys! This time…what to pack for the great state of Texas…in the winter time (though to be honest, we had weather mostly in the 70-80 degrees).
In case you’ve missed prior ones, feel free to click through the archives below to find some packing ideas/inspiration!
Full disclosure: there are of a lot of other style bloggers who do “What to Pack” guides. Only they’re normally they’re checking a bag…and I don’t/didn’t.
This might have been the most simple of all my packing guides, but it was also one of the easiest to utilize. I knew what I wanted to wear every day and had a ton basics to utilize. I sometimes wish I was one of those bloggers who thinks of travel “theme” outfits, but I’m definitely not. I like to explore and squeeze in as much adventure as I can while traveling, so my favorite pieces and versatile basics are always what I build my suitcase around.
Plus, I’m notorious for forgetting to take outfit photos while on vacation (guilty AGAIN), so why waste that valuable carry-on space for something you won’t wear again? I guarantee that all these items can fit into a regulation sized carry-on suitcase, your personal item (use a backpack/tote and put your purse inside it along with your in-flight entertainment items), and what you end up wearing on the plane.
Super great right? Feel free to send me the $20-50 you save on checked bag fees. ;)
- Black Tee: Casual and cool and works with everything (jeans, patterned shorts/skirts, etc.). Enough said!
- Gray Tee: Equally casual and cool.
- Stripe Tee: You know I love me some stripes and definitely can’t last six days without them. Wear it with….everything.
- Patterned Tee: Perfect for days when you don’t want to wear solid colors.
- Jeans: I would wear these onto the plane (takes up less room that way!). You choose the rinse and wear them with everything, duh! ;)
- Black Dress: I almost embarrassed to admit how much I wore this on this trip. We were only there for 6 full days, so I’ll let you wager your own guesses as to how much I wore this bad boy.
- Print Shorts: Because you got to have a little print in your life to keep it interesting!
- Denim Skirt: When you can go bare legged in February, you do.
- Stripe Dress: Because more stripes is never an issue.
- Cardigan/Blazer: I wore my new favorite cardigan-blazer on the plane and after the sun went down, and it was so cozy and comfy. Plus, I got a billion compliments. #win
- Jean Jacket: A great light layer piece…ideal when the temperatures drop at night or the air-conditioning is blasting.
- Flat Sandals: When it’s practically summer weather, you wear sandals. And you wear flat ones, because you’re walking around all-day and don’t have a personal driver, because you’re not a Kardashian. ;)
- Crossbody Purse: Hands-free traveling is the best kind. This purse looks super roomy and is affordable! It easily holds a wallet, tickets, sunglasses, camera, and a small bottle of water, which is exactly what I need it to hold and no more!
- Ballet Flats: Bring your most comfy flats, because if you’re sightseeing, you’re going to be on your feet.
So that’s it for my “winter” in Texas packing guide. Obviously, you’ll need accessories, undergarments, toiletries, books/magazines/Kindles/iPads, etc., but that’s more specific to each person!
Is there anything you would add or subtract from my list?