So real life question here…how long does it normally take you to wear newly purchased clothing items?
I think I’m a mix of Team Wait Forever and Team Wear It NOW! I used to be of the camp that it had to hang out in my closet while I admire its shiny newness. Once you wear it, it kind of loses its fun, right (unless you get proposed to or win the lottery or meet Andrew Luck from the Colts)? However, lately, I’ve embraced wearing some items as soon as possible, so that I can optimize the number of times I can wear them. No sense in waiting for a “rainy day” to wear your new favorite tee, right?
So on that note, three of the five items I’m wearing today are new. The Target tan tote (more on that to come this week in a full review) and the green pants from Old Navy were purchased at the very beginning of March as awesome staples that I was missing. They kind of got to hang around for a while and get use to my closet. The scallop stripe tee from Ann Taylor Loft? Purchased this weekend during their awesome sale and worn pretty much immediately. So a little bit of both philosophies!
How about you? Let me know in the comments!
- On Target item: Mossimo Blazer (Spring 2013 – though I hope they bring them back this year; similar 1; similar 2)
- Tee: Ann Taylor Loft (exact)
- Tote: Merona, Target (exact – watch out for a post later this week for a review)
- Pants: Old Navy (exact – LOVE them especially b/c they come in talls!)
- Ankle Boots: Old Navy (exact)
Giveaways, cardis, and stripes. Oh my! What a Friday! And I was 9 seconds away from calling this post “Mime Time.” So you are welcome….that I didn’t.
Today’s fun highlights:
- Blog giveaways (see here and enter!)
- Weekend, weekend, weekend
- iPhone Sunday!
- Honeycrisp apples
- New purse (coming to a blog near you!)
- Under one month until the BIG DAY (wedding that is!)
Today’s not-so-fun highlights:
- Deader than a doornail phone
Well folks, it is official. My Droid 2 that was eligible for an upgrade on Sunday has bitten the dust. I have no idea what happened to it, but it won’t turn on at all. I’m moving to iPhone on Sunday, so if you have any apps that you love or can recommend any cute cases, let me know in the comments! RIP Droid 2, RIP.
- On Target item: Merona Striped Shirt (not sold online right now – but see it here, and check it out in stores. It is amazing and super thick. LOVE.; similar 1, similar 2)
- Necklace: Target (old; similar 1; similar 2)
- Jeans: Denizen black jeans, Target (exact – tall and short styles online too!)
- Ankle Boots: Old Navy (exact)
Anger at winter’s return.
Forgive the look of death I am giving you. I’ve got The Fiance’s cold (isn’t he the sweetest). Sniffles and head pressure galore. Plus after two blissful days of 60+ gorgeous spring weather, we’re back to snow today and high of 36?
Go home, Mother Nature, you’re drunk.
At least I like my outfit? Do you?
Did you guys have a good weekend? Mine went by SO stinkin’ fast. I did manage to get a lot of wedding planning done Friday and also had a great time with The Fiance’s family at Turkey Run State Park. We hiked, swam (indoor pool at the inn we stayed at), and ate waaaay too much apple cobbler. Pretty stellar, huh?
So Friday, I showed you guys how to casually wear this sweatshirt (see it here if you missed it), and today’s look is a little bit classed up. I actually ended up wearing this to work last week, and it fit in with my company’s “casual” business casual dress code. I’ve already said it, but I am obsessed with this sweatshirt. The Fiance finally had to convince me to wash it, so it will take a break on the blog for now. Any other ideas on how to style it in the future? Let me know in the comments!
- On Target item: Xhilaration Embellished Sweatshirt (exact – again, $8 guys)
- Belt: New York & Company (super old; similar 1; similar 2)
- Skirt (last worn here): Merona, Target (exact)
- Tights: Merona, Target (exact)
- Ankle boots: Old Navy (exact)
A little pattern play for your Wednesday. Don’t worry, I won’t ever get too crazy on you all with my pattern mixing, and we’re easing into it with stripes.
Here’s the breakdown on why this works: Stripes are so classic (and usually include a neutral shade), so they tend to work well in pattern mixing and mashing. The shirt and the scarf feature almost the exact shade of yellow, so that helps. Blue and yellow are also opposites on the color wheel, which mean they are complements, so they flatter each other.
Get it? Quick lesson from someone who is also learning about this, but I really enjoy this look, so hopefully it will inspire some of you to mix up some patterns!
- On Target item: Merona Striped Tee (exact; also in v-neck here)
- Scarf: no brand, Target (exact)
- Jeans: Denizen, Target (exact – tall and short styles online too!)
- Ankle Boots: Old Navy (Fall/Winter 2013; similar 1; similar 2)