Well, I’m not sure how I go around and beat the greatness of yesterday’s pun-filled post (here if you missed it), but my parents didn’t raise a quitter, so I’m back (back again…for all my Eminem fans), but this time with a bit of a rambling post.
Since I don’t own that beautiful berry-filled skirt, I have to make my own red and navy magic in some older tried-and-true pieces. Nothing like a good old remix with some closet workhorses to round out the work week.
On another note, some of you sent me some super sweet personal messages about my crappy week last week. I can’t thank you all enough! It’s so nice to be part of a caring and giving community. If you don’t mind, please send my mom some good vibes/wishes/prayers today. She is having her surgery, and I’m driving up north to be with her this weekend. Thanks in advance, guys!
Lastly, are those fleur-de-lis on my shirt or fireflies? A question that might leave you pondering allllll weekend long. ;)
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- I can almost guarantee that these beautiful Gap printed espadrilles will sell out…because they’re affordable and gorgeous!
- Blogger love of the week: Jessica from Here & Now is back to blogging, and I’m so happy she’s back. Love this double stripe combo look, because the only thing better than stripes…is more stripes!
- These baby blue suede loafers are the prettiest things ever (and yes, Elvis probably sung that song about them).
- Victoria Beckham’s collection is coming to Target in April (April 9 to be exact), and the lookbook (here) was released last week! I’m actually pretty meh about the collection in general, though of course, I loved this bee print shirt, because I’m a sucker for an graphic animal print. What are your thoughts on the styles? Let me know in the comments!
- This purse was made for me…too bad I’m on a self-imposed purse-buying-ban. Le sigh.
- All the heart-eye emojis for this blue/white gingham dress. So classic and pretty!
- Trying the best brunch in every state? Yes, I’d like to make that my new bucket list! Check out the full list here, and see if you agree with their pick for your state! I’ve only been to the Indiana one once (though I have also tried and loved the Kentucky pick), and it was forever ago, so I guess I need to make another trip soon!
- I love the embroidered saying graphic tee trend and just might have to scoop up this navy tee!
- J.Crew created its own holiday for March 31…National Stripes Day! And you better bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be celebrating!
- Target has so many great new watches out there! I love this marble face one, this pretty floral print one, and this colorful striped one! And they’re so affordable that you could buy all three…you know if you have time on your hands! ;) #dadjoke
Do you collect anything? For example, when I was much younger, I used to have a bunny collection (#somanyfigurinerabbits), and then for awhile I was collecting magnets from every place I visited, but that fizzled out too.
And now? Well, now, I thought that I didn’t really collect anything, but turns out that was a lie. Becauuuuusssseeee….
I am a blazer collector, folks. And I’m pretty dang good at it. I’ve amassed a
large small collection of colors and patterns, and I’m always on the lookout for a new beauty to add to my treasure trove. Like this lovely Regent blazer from J.Crew (here). I loved how it looked on Fran (here for how she’s worn it) and figured I might as well get the infamous J.Crew blazers a try. I love how it fits and the way it adds a layer of professionalism to this outfit.
And besides, as a expert collector of blazers, can you really have too many blazers in your collection? No, no you cannot!
ps. I also apparently collect dog hair. On my blazers, but also on my skirts, shirts, dresses, pants, coats, etc. You could even say that I’m a refined collector of dog hair (since I specialize in the hair of one Australian Shepherd/mix breed dog). ;)