Blue stripes. Blue florals. And blue Mondays.
Coming off a 3-day weekend (thanks to be alternative work schedule) always makes for a sad and long Monday, but you know what makes it better?
Leftover pizza, so I don’t have to make dinner?
Yes, always yes to that, but also yes to a quadruple dose of my favorite color…blue! Monochromatic looks are constantly my go-tos since they require minimal effort and minimal thought. Which is perfect and exactly what I need after waking up early after a 3-day weekend!
How do you all beat the Monday blues…you know besides wearing them? ;)
1. When you love your travel mug as much as I do AND it matches your very-much-so-on-trend scarf, you work it into your outfit photos and blog post. That’s what all the “cool” bloggers are doing…right?
2. I promise (cross my heart, hope to die style) that this post is not sponsored.
3. But seriously, buy this travel mug…especially if you like to keep your coffee/tea/soup really, really, REALLY warm for long time periods (like 4 hours…no exaggeration)! I make tea at my job and 80% of the time have to leave the lid off so it can cool a bit, so I can physically drink my tea! The Husband bought one first off Amazon (here) and caught me stealing it one too many times before demanding that I order my own (in the most beautiful color ever)!
And this has been your Thursday public service announcement about my new travel mug. Does anyone else out there get super pumped about a maybe-not-so-cool item (I also love new office/school supplies!)? Let me know!
The thing with having an undying love affair with stripes is that your closet is busting at the seams with them, and you can’t possibly wear them all at once.
Because even though I’ve done a stripe tee + striped skirt combo before (see it here), you can’t always make this look work (and trust me, even this was a lot of stripes for me), because you’ll probably come across as a crazy stripe obsessed person.
Which may be true, but do we really need to share that with the rest of the world? ;)
So an easier way to profess your love for stripes? Try a striped belt with another striped piece! You get to wear some of your favorite striped pieces together and be enveloped in your favorite print, and other people can see straight (just a little stripe pun for you)!
Win, win, folks.
Ten Things I’ve Loved This Past Week on The Internet:
- Gingham trench coat? On sale? Say what?
- Blogger love of the week: I love seeing people give back, so I loved reading about how Jess shared some of her time (and styling tips, I’m sure!) with this Chicago-based organization that works to provide free clothing and self-esteem to girls enrolled in Chicago’s inner city schools. You go, Jess!
- Loft sold a similar pair of these beautiful stripe espadrilles last season, and they sold out so fast! They’re one of my favorite spring/summer shoes, so get them while they’re still in stock!
- I could not stop laughing at this Buzzfeed article called “me as a wife.” Mainly because I could related to nearly 100% of them, but oh my gosh. The last one (#19) is me to a T. I pride myself on my annoying capabilities.
- Do you guys ever watch those HGTV or TLC shows where they buy these terrible houses and then turn them into masterpieces. I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do that (and have no skills whatsoever in that department) and wondered exactly how much work goes into it. Anyone else? Luckily for us, Cassandra is spilling the beans (here) on The Everygirl!
- I need to try on this dress on the next time I’m at Target to see if it would be long enough. If it works, it would look equally great under blazers for the office and jean jackets for the weekend!
- A new episode of Miss Adventure from Kate Spade is out! I need to plan a girls’ weekend like this…and accessorize the entire time with Kate Spade! ;) Anyone else in?
- I’m loving how classic, but different than every-other-navy-blazer-ever, this blazer from Maison Jules is (here). I know that didn’t make ANY sense, but you should check it out if you like nautical/prep style and/or need a navy blazer! ;)
- Pantone (everyone’s favorite color obsessor) has put together a list of the top 10 colors for spring 2016. I know, I know…everyone is so surprised that I’ll be wearing Snorkel Blue and Fiesta all spring…and really, all year, long!
- Everyone has been obsessed with the J.Crew Gemma ballet flats this season (see them here), and they’re a bit pricey, so I found a great dupe for under $40 here! They come in lots of colors and one pretty floral print!
I mean I’m not asking seriously, “Am I boring you?”, because my ego is fully convinced that I am the coolest, most interesting person on Earth (especially since The World’s Most Interesting Man In The World has left for Mars). And, of course, I know you agree! ;)
However, this combination of one of my favorite stripe tees from Target and a flared skirt has been on a constant rotation (see the last one worn here) lately! And while it is super easy to wear (put on your body…;) and style (add a scarf, add a necklace, add a blazer/cardigan, etc.), I might have to retire it for a few weeks or so*, just to keep things in check here.
Because otherwise, we’ll have to rename this blog Style On Target: Stripe Tees and Flared Skirts Are All She Wears…and that just doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it?
*The writer of this blog and the wearer of these clothes makes no promises to this though! ;)